1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Oxford Gun Club open Christmas Eve

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by OGC Director, Dec 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

If the weather permits it I plan on opening 2 traps for practice Thur evening. I will throw green bird events if I have the shooters to do it. We will have limited help and I'm sure the trap fields still have to be cleared but come on out and get a few rounds in. Also, last I heard Nancy will be serving diner till 5pm. I plan on closing around 6:30 but I will not chase shooters off of the trapfields. If you have the money I have the time!!! Happy Holidays

2. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

After Sam Walker and I spent 5 hrs today getting 3 trapfields and the front of the club opened up I hope a few shooters show up to make some xmas eve noise.

3. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Samantha and I are headed out the door to get the trapfields open. Hope we have some company. The sun is shining and I hope to get some hcp practice in.

4. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

The weather was perfect. 38 and sunny with no wind. We had some shooters that wanted to shoot green bird so we did that on trap 1. Also had a few shooters on the practice trap. 9 squads total. We had fun and was done by 6pm. You would think snow would make a great background but the targets were hard to see. Top shooters for the nite are:

Rich Lewis 48x50

Dana Wright 47x50

Bob Blanco 46x50

Merlynn 46x50

Darrel Cook 46x50

Our top prize winner for the nite was Merlynn with 3 (1 Hi-gun 2 green birds)

We got the longbird Jackpot up to $100 and yours truly was finally drawn. I drew post 2 got a quarter left and killed the pot. I would have never heard the end of it if I had missed.

We will not be open next Thursday nite (New Years Eve, I would have a rebellion on my hands if I tried) so Happy Holidays to all and see you next time.

5. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Bob, You were correct I did not give a start time. Sorry

6. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Samantha wanted to say "Thank You for the Tips tonite and Merry Christmas".

7. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Dang it, no new TM9X under the tree. Somebody must have ratted me out to the big guy for something. Maybe next year.

8. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Our next Thur nite Green Bird Shoot will be on Jan 7th 2010. Happy New Years

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.