1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Oxford Gun Club Green Bird Shoot 4/8

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by OGC Director, Apr 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Things were a little slow at Oxford tonite. I don't know if it was the wind or the threat of rain. The wind was a little rough, we used the cinder blocks to keep the speakers from blowing over. The rain held off until we were just about closed up. The practice trap was dead with only 10 squads but we did end up with 25 squads shooting green bird.

I didn't get the score sheets from Ray but I know there was not many 25 straights. I know Carliss Bowers, Bob Blanco, and Jerry L ran 25's. I tried but the best I could do was a pair of 24's. With a couple of green birds and a hi-gun I finished with 3 prizes (pork chops for the grill at the apartment). Merlynn W. and Duke also won 3 prizes.

I was hoping that one of the five longbird tickets I bought would be the winner but birthday boy Mike Sullenberger had the luck tonite (he's 53). He got a hard left from the 30yd line on post 1 and crushed it (there was $90 in the pot). So much for that being too hard a shot. It's been broken 3 out of the last 5 weeks. Maybe we need to put them on the porch in a chair? That might make things interesting. Jack Aldridge and I tried it one day and it's not an easy shot.

It was nice being at Oxford and seeing all the regulars (saw some new faces as well). I head back to Indiana on Sunday so, until next time, shoot well and often.

Rich Headed Back to Indiana

2. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

The next Green Bird Shoot at Oxford will be on April 15th. For anyone looking for something to do on Monday evenings Oxford has a team in the twilight league at WTA. Bob Blanco is the captain this year and he will be glad to have you.

Rich

3. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Don't forget that Oxford has 5-Stand on Tuesday nites and Skeet and Wobble on Wednesday nites.

Rich Headed Back to Indiana

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.