1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Oxford Gun Club Green Bird Results 11/5

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by OGC Director, Nov 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

We had a real nice day going until 3:30pm. I mean sunny and warm. Then the cold front hit, what a mess. We did get some shooting in between the rain squalls. The wind did break one speaker when the first bad squall hit. I do want to thank Sam Walker and Jon Wolf for having the traps open and set up before I got there. The help is always nice. So with several rain delays and people giving up and pulling out we ended up with 18 squads. I told Marion and Jane that the rain would stop as soon as they left and it did. Even with the bad conditions we still had some good scores.

With 25 straights: Dave Jackson, Jon Wolf, Bill Bailey, Larry Kirk, and Jerry L.

Top scores for the nite:

Bill Bailey 49x50

Dave Jackson 49x50

Jerry L. 49x50

Jon Wolf 48x50

Our top prize winner was Jerry L. with 3 (he took all chicken breasts)

I had hoped to build the Longbird Jackpot back up but Bob Pierce did not miss. With $59 in the pot he drew post 4 and took the top off of the target. With all the people who had bought tickets and left because of the weather I thought we had a good chance of rolling the pot over with a no show drawn but it did not work. I think Bob has been drawn 4 times now for the longbird. Some people have all the luck.

2. jwolf@wcgc

jwolf@wcgc TS Member

I sure all these guys signed up for the Oxford vs West Cheester shoot out for the "Chester County's Most Popular Gun Club" shoot!! I would say that with all these guys on the Oxford team they could not lose- Oh wait! wait! I can't shoot for both teams...

3. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Has any consideration to West Chester joining into the PenMar League??...some new blood and a dose of variety is always a good thing

4. jwolf@wcgc

jwolf@wcgc TS Member

We want to join!! Just waiting till the spring league formation starts. Keep me in the loop

jon

5. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I think it would be very cool...I need to get healthy to make sure i'm the one taking home the bux!!

6. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Yes Jon, all the guys with 49x50 last nite are on the Oxford Team.

7. jwolf@wcgc

jwolf@wcgc TS Member

Your gonna need em!! Looking at a atlas- Oxford is at the "bottom" of Chester County. West Chester is near the top and we are going to keep it that way!!

8. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

I don't think the Oxford shooters are worried about our location on the map.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.