1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Oxford Gun Club Big Meat Shoot Results 8/1

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by OGC Director, Aug 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

It was nice to be back at the home club for a Big Meat Shoot. Samantha and I got to the club early and helped Ray get things set up. The weather was nice, a little overcast for the first event (must be why Ted W. and I both missed one) and then the sun came out for the rest of the shoot. With both West Chester and WTA holding shoots today we weren't expecting a large crowd. Still, turn-out wasn't bad with 15 squads total.

Todays winners are:

Event 1 Charlie Adams, Tom Parker tie 50x50

Event 2 Bob Pierce 50x50

Event 3 Bob Pierce 50x50 (nice shooting Bob, you may want to save some for the club championship.

Event 4 Ray Natale 50x50 (looks like Ray may be trying to repeat as club champ this year)

Honorable Mentions:

Rich Lewis 49x50

Ted Wallace Sr 49x50

Jim Roland 49x50

Harry Graybeal 49x50

Mike Sullenberger 49x50

Our top prizer winner today with 5 was Tom Parker, Bob Pierce didn't do bad with 4.

I would like to thank Cook, DBJ and Smitty for helping out with a couple of new shooters on the practice trap. No shortage of helpers when the newbies are pretty young ladies. They seemed to be having a good time (the girls looked like they were having fun too).

On another note, I'd like to wish Mike Matroni Sr a happy 59th birthday (at least thats what he will admit too).

PS Don't forget the club championship shoot is on Aug 14 & 15. Saturday will be 200 16's and Sunday will be hcp and doubles. Saturday will feature a free lunch for all shooters and Sunday will have door prizes. Hope you all will have a good time. I will be stuck in Indiana unable to attend.

Rich in Indiana

2. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Calcutta for Sunday's 'caps??

Curt

3. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

I'm not sure what Ray has planned for Sunday. I think he wanted to do a special event for shells based on a number drawn and the last number of your score.

I would like to give congrats to Doug H. for his first 25 straight and Dana W. for his first 75 straight Thur nite. Keep it up guys and you will be hunting with the big dogs!!!!

Rich (missing the action) in Indiana

4. bud168

bud168 Member

Yeah Ray is doing a 2 number shootoff depending on the last digit of your cap score for shells on Sunday and I think some door prizes..

- Kurt Nelson

5. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Hey Kurt, nice to hear from you. Hope you will be able to shoot the club championship, break a few for me.

Saturday will have a free lunch for the shooters and Sunday will have door prizes from Dicks. Also, I and other members have donated new unused items as well.

Hope the weather is good and everyone has a good time.

Rich (feeling left out) in Indiana

6. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

But aren't you closer to Sparta in Indiana?

7. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

About 400 miles, just over 6 hr drive. All my vac time is tied up with trips home to see the wife and kids. Maybe next year. This will be the first club championship I will miss since I started shooting there. I was lucky enough to be Club HOA Champ in 2004.

Rich in Indiana

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.