1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Oxford Gun Club Big Meat Shoot Results 4/4

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by OGC Director, Apr 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Happy Easter everyone. I hope everyone is having a good time on this holiday weekend. I know I am. My daughter Samantha and I got to Oxford a little before 9am to help Ray get things set up. Sam was giving Ray a hand as well and they had things well under way. After set up it was off to the kitchen for an Oxford Gun Club breakfast, 3eggs over easy, sausage, homefries, and white toast (Man its good to be back).

The weather was nice, 70's, sunny, with a stiff breeze. We got started at 10am and was closed up by 1pm. Everyone was in a hurry to get to their Easter Dinners. With it being Easter turnout was a little light, 9 squads for meat and 49 rounds of practice.

The wind was playing games with the targets. Targets to the left were up, to the right were down, in the middle they were all over the place. There were no 50's or 49's today. 3 of us had 48's: Yours truly, Bob Pierce, and Jack Aldridge. On the front half I shot under a skyhigh and over flat one from post 3. That's what I get for shooting where I think the target should be instead of focusing on the target and shooting it where it is. Then I focused on seeing the target and ran the back half.

The event winners for today are: Event 1, Rich Lewis 48x50__Event 2, Jack Aldridge 47x50__Event 3 Tie, Bob Pierce beat Jack Aldridge out of the hat with 48x50.

Top prize winners for today with 3 prizes were: Rich Lewis, Jack Aldridge, and George B.. Bob Blanco's luck today was not very good. Every time he was in the hat he lost. Then he went in the hat against Lucky Larry Kirk for the Lucky Loser Prize and we all know how that was going to turn out!!!!(Bob Lost)

Oxford Gun Club's next Big Meat Shoot will be on Sunday April 18th. Come on out and join the fun. Maybe take home some of those Dutch Way meat prizes. I won't be there because I have to head back to Indiana for work but I will be enjoying the 3 packs of New York Strip steaks I won today.

Rich (home for a little while) in Indiana

PS Hey Curt, I think I did get some of your prizes in the first event!!!(nice of you to share)

2. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Wish I could have been there to see you Rich...glad you had a great time and got some tasty prizes to take back ..tell the Indianans..we from Baltimore are still pissed they stole the Colts

3. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Hey Calvin

Why don't you come out on Thursday. The weather has been great. Thursdays forecast is for 80 with sun and a breeze.

Rich

4. CalvinMD

Hopefully my Dr will let me..under orders to chill out

5. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Rich,

You stomped me in the dirt for sure....

It was good to see you back.

Your time away from home will pass quickly and I know you'll enjoy shooting in Indiana plus making a bunch of new friends.

Curt

6. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Thanks for those kind words Curt. I'm not sure about the stomped in the dirt part but it is always fun to finish ahead of you(since you are always near the top).

Is the shoot at WTA this Saturday or Sunday? If it's Sat. I'll be there. I have to head back to Indiana on Sunday.

Rich

7. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Rich...

The 60 Bird Protection Shoot is Saturday and the WTA 100th Anniversary shoot is Sunday.

Should be a Big Jackpot so you'll have a chance to win some travelling money.

Curt

8. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Sounds good. I'll spread the word at Oxford tonite.

Rich

9. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Thanks Rich....see you Saturday!!

Curt

10. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Curt

My wife has informed me that it may not be in my best interest to go to a gun club on the last day before heading back to Indiana. After shooting on Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday and fishing on Wednesday, she may have a point. I hope your shoot goes well and I'm sorry I can't make it. Until next time, shoot well and often.

Rich Headed Back to Indiana

PS I thought taking her out to diner tonite would be enough.....?

11. CalvinMD

Roses, Rich...red roses and you'll be Mr Wonderful until next visit....take it from experience...Cal

12. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

The next shoot I will be able to attend at Oxford will be the Big Meat Shoot on May 2nd. Hope to see everyone then.

Rich in Indiana

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.