1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Oxford Gun club afraid to fight West Chester GC

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cloudancer, Nov 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cloudancer

cloudancer TS Member

News flash: It appears that the Oxford Gun Club's trap members are going to bow out this year and concede the title of Chester County's Best Trap Club to West Chester Gun Club! After several attempts to contact Oxford about the shoot, West Chester officials have no choice but to assume that Oxford does not want to take on the champs again this year!

2. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

SHEEYYITTTT!!! West Chester?? We Ain't afraid of no stinking West Chester!

3. cloudancer

cloudancer TS Member

Well that not what we are hearing! Its as good as won this year!

4. CalvinMD

I've never been there,..might need to get my truck gassed up for a ride

5. dhip

dhip Active Member

GRRRRRRRRRR,If I didn't have to go to W.V. for cabin repairs(tree came down on it from Sandy) I'd have at least donated my money and scores for Oxford.

Doug H.

6. Husy rider

Husy rider Member

If I was beat up 2 years in row I would stay home too|

7. cloudancer

cloudancer TS Member

Ahh come on Doug, you know that you just dont want to be around to watch Oxford get shut out again this year! Lets face it, West Chester is the best gun club in Chester County, hands down!

V.H.

8. CalvinMD

Maybe you can come to Oxford and shoot with us Thursday nite to tease the guys and goad them into shooting Vick...

9. cloudancer

cloudancer TS Member

Hi Calvin, How are you? havent talked to you in a long time. Yeah I should come down to Oxford and rile them up. That is definitely much more fun. They are so easy to do that too! I know they miss me in the Penn Mar league. But one woman cant serve two clubs, if ya know what I mean. Golf cart is still going strong. Put headlights on it and a horn. Havent been up to Elysburg in a while though. So just use it to take the recycle out to the street. Someone told me that you bought another one, lower this time? What did you get?

V.

10. CalvinMD

I got an EZGO and yes its low as stock...Ive lost over 280lbs and am getting around better now and shooting again..Hope I can get up there to WCGC

11. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Calvin, 280 pounds??? Is there anything left of you? Now tell me, how'd you do it? I'd like to drop 100.

Ed

12. CalvinMD

Oh yeah Ed, plenty left, had gastric bypass surgery 10/2/10..then many complications requiring 5 more surgeries and am still on hold for at least one more...was a rough road to travel but would not be around today if I had not gone through with it...was 539lbs the day I was taken in for the operation

13. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Wow, you were a chubby bunny! Congrats on the loss. My wife had the same procedure done about 10 years ago but she wasn't nearly that heavy.

She's had some complications as well but they've set in over time. The opening of her esophagus developed scar tissue and became so small - less than 10mm - that she could not get food into her stomach, so she had to have gradually larger funnel-shaped tubes inserted down her throat into the opening over a six-month period to stretch the opening back to 17mm. And her bladder dropped, requiring her to have a hysterectomy, which is scheduled for this coming Monday. I doubt you'll have that complication, however.

Keep up the good work!

Ed

14. dhip

dhip Active Member

Trust me Cloudancer I'd rather spend the money shooting even if it by slight chance be for a losing cause than to have to go down to W.V. and spend what I'll have to to fix the roof.OH,and I heard maybe the poor outhouse took a hit also,four days off,four days of work. Sheeesh

Doug H.

15. dhip

dhip Active Member

I know I'm new at this club stuff,But since the Penmar League was mentioned in passing,Why isn't West Chester in it,along with New Holland,etc.,,that would definetly create a bigger league and more places to shoot,Are the other clubs afraid of the competition,just wondering,maybe enough whispers in the right ears could make it happen.Be a lot more fun going to more clubs than just back and forth between two.

Doug H.

16. cloudancer

cloudancer TS Member

Doug,
    We tried to get WCGC in the Pennmar League but there were too many of those Southern folks who said not because they are already traveling an hour or more just to get to Oxford. So that would be over two hours each way just to shoot fifty birds. Even I wouldnt do that.

Sorry to hear that the crapper took one too! I guess that means while you are there, you will really be ruffing it eh? Lol! I would rather be in W.V. if it was my property. Love camp! But you will miss a good time, that is if those Oxford trap shooters even show up to the party this year.

Vickie

17. cloudancer

cloudancer TS Member

18. cloudancer

cloudancer TS Member

CALVIN,

That is awsome! I am glad to hear that it has gone so well! Have been worried about you. So does this mean that you are back to shooting regularly? Hope so, as I recall you are a pretty darn good shot!
    So if you are going to shoot the black friday shoot with us, feel free to bring your cart up to West Chester. We have room for it. I will bring your old one and race you! Have you heard from Koshka in a while? I used to try calling her all the time, but her answering mailbox is always full or something. Cant get through to her any more. If you see her tell her to call me would you. Does she even come up that far anymore?
    So are you gonna move to Texas if they become their own independant state? I think we will.
    V

19. CalvinMD

I hear from Kaska ever so often..shes easiest to reach by texting her cellphone...As far as shooting..I'm still coming along but can manage 50 at a time as long as theres a break in between..heart still acts up under stress

20. PitchChipper

PitchChipper Member

Time to get serious. Both clubs need to get shooters together. Let's all smoke some clays while the rest of the area waits in lines at the stores.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.