1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Oxford GC Takes Trophy From West Chester GC

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by OGC Director, Nov 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

What a day, What a day, What a day!! After hearing the weather forecast last nite I wasn't sure I would have an army to go into battle with (Oxford shooters don't like the rain). But mother nature cut us a break and kept us dry. Very windy but dry (I like dry). The sun even made a brief apperance (not while I was shooting). My army showed up and made me proud. The enemy camp did field more soldiers (28 to 36) but after the dust settled Oxford claimed victory. Icing on the cake was OGC Trap Captian (Ray Natale) and OGC Director (yours truly) Coming into WCGC in the last squad and breaking 49x50 and 50x50. Final results: OGC 927 and WCGC 904

Sharing top gun honors with 97x100 were Bob Malmstedt (WCGC) and Rich Lewis (OGC Director)

Top ten shooters from each team are:

Team OGC R. Lewis 97, J. Aldridge 96, R. Emerson 94, J. Roland 94, T. Parker 92, K. Nelson 92, R. Natale 91, T. H. Wallace 91, B. Aldridge 90, T. Wallace 90

Team WCGC B. Malmstedt 97, E. Drumheiler 94, L. Grabowski 93, J. Zap 92, L. Liberato 89, R. Keers 89, J. Prestia 88, K. Schmidt 88, K. Whitton 87, J. Hoadley 87

Lewis winners: 97 B. Malmstedt, R. Lewis 40.80 (2)

96 Jack Aldridge 54.40

82 T. Keba, M. Kay, G. Waalkes 27.20 (3)

81 B. Blanco 54.40

I want to thank all the shooters who took time from a busy holiday schedule to come out and support their gun clubs. Oxford may have the trophy in their club house but both clubs are winners. I want to thank Jon Wolf for starting all this with his posting about the most popular gun club in Chester County. It turned into a great event with good people. One we hope to make an annual tradition. And Jon, you were correct, that trophy does match our decor. May you try for years to come to pry it from our club house wall!!!

Last but not least, thanks to Leigh Wolf for some great food. We will try our best to top it next year (a very tall order). Also, thanks to the trap help at both clubs. God Bless, and hope to see you all next year.

PS. Mr. Wolf, the Oxford Kitchen will have a special dish prepared in your honor next Thur. nite. I would suggest you bring plenty of ketchup!!!!

2. jwolf@wcgc

jwolf@wcgc TS Member

Well, I hope you have 11/26/2010 marked on your shoot schedule!!

3. jwolf@wcgc

jwolf@wcgc TS Member

[​IMG]

Oxford takes control of "Most Popular Gun Club" trophy
    left Jon Wolf WCGC right Rich Lewis OGC

4. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

I must say Jon, that it takes bigger balls than I have to wear a pink shirt to a trap shoot!!! Ray and I will be doing some rearranging at the gun club to find a good location for that trophy on Sunday. We may even get a few rounds of pratice in to get ready for 2010. Supposed to be Sunny and 55 with a light breeze. Go figure!!

5. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Wow..this is getting intereting...whom shall I shoot for next year???

6. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Hey Roland, I didn't get any mud on your coat as I walked over you to the head of the class did I? I thought you said you were going to carry me? I think you let that 100 straight on Thanksgiving go to your head!!!! Maybe if I had put a turkey out on the trap house you might have shot better.

7. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

Rich is Oxford shooting Sunday?

8. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Dave, we gave the ladies in the kitchen the day off. However, Ray and I will be at the gun club around 11am for some informal practice. Anyone who wants to shoot practice stop on by. Right now we have 6-7 guys coming.

9. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

Thanks

10. jwolf@wcgc

jwolf@wcgc TS Member

I'll have you know that shirt is a lovely shade of Tuna red in real life!!

11. jwolf@wcgc

jwolf@wcgc TS Member

Lee wants to know if you have a menu planned for next year yet?

Here is her breakfast buffet menu for Oxford - West Chester Challenge 2010.

French toast-pancakes-bacon-ham slices-sausage gravy and biscuits-scrambled eggs-breakfast sausage links-toast-bagels- English muffins-cream cheese,jelly,honey and butter, coffee and orange juice-- $7.00 all u can eat--

If I can't win the trophy, she will harden your arteries!

12. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Man, I just ate Thanksgiving dinner Part II but that menu makes me hungry!!

13. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Hold the phone: I'm hearing rumors that WCGC wants a recount. They are claiming subtaction errors on WCGC score sheets. I'll keep you posted.

PS Jon, my shirt is red yours is PINK!!!

14. jwolf@wcgc

jwolf@wcgc TS Member

thats not me talking, Lee says she wants to make sure you guys are fat, happy and all carbed up (all WCGC shooters allowed only black coffee). Carbed up shooter snoozing on the line as it were. I'm not sure whose giving me more roughage for the loss, OGC or WCGC!! Got big plans for off season training.

15. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Jon, thanks for clearing up the math error. It's nice to know our lead has now grown to 25 targets. Keep looking, Maybe I did run 100 straight.

16. jwolf@wcgc

jwolf@wcgc TS Member

Rich, your score didn't have enough zeros in it to have any errors!

17. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Had nice group of guys and gals at the club today shooting practice. So much nicer than on Friday. Everyone came into the clubhouse to admire the new trophy that WCGC was so nice to give us. Looks real good on the wall.

18. bud168

bud168 Member

What day is the article going to be in the local?

- Kurt

19. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

I'm not sure Kurt. J. Wolf is handling that on his end. I'll IM him and find out.

20. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Check the bottom of the bird cage at the West Chester clubhouse!

Curt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.