1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Owning a gun in Japan...

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by crusha, Feb 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crusha

crusha TS Member

There was a good thread on a Japanese shooter at a trap club the other day, so I thought this thread from another board was an interesting read...

2. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

I think that this thread is missleading, when I LIVED in Japan I shot skeet and trap and had MANY Japaneese friends who owned SEVERAL shotguns.

Ronbo

3. crusha

crusha TS Member

Hm...so it sounds like "Makoto in Cincy" isn't too authoritative on the subject?

(I wondered about his "2 civilian centerfire pistols in all of Japan" comment...)

4. crusha

crusha TS Member

Guilty as charged...(but how did you know I was voting for Obama? I managed to keep that a secret even from my wife...WTF? Do you have your brain-control radar on or something?)

5. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

I can tell you from personal experience, when we hosted a Chinese exchange student along with 12 other families here in Redford MI, under the "classroom without walls" program last year, that the chaperons told us to "amerce" the kids in American culture. I suggested we take them to my gun club and show them how we shoot trap and skeet and all the other things we have there. I was told under NO CERTAIN TERMS we are not to show them a gun AT ALL!!!!!!!!

I asked why and was told by an interpretor that the kids will soon become acquainted with an ak47 when they reach 16. It is mandatory the kids go threw a training class for firearms in the military. Girls and boys alike.

I did clean my shotgun in my basement and Tamiko our exchange girl asked what I was doing and explained we here in America,we can go to certain places and shoot clay targets and showed her a mini and a trap target I had hanging on the wall. She was bummed she could not go because she saw my two boy's pictures with their guns shooting at an ATA event and said it looked fun.

The real thing that got to them was, we have a hot tub in the backyard and asked why we have a bath tub out side,they have a water ration in China.They are not allowed to run the water while they shower. They have to rinse and turn off the water, then soap up and turn on the water to Rinse again.Two Minuet max. When she first got here, she took a shower that night and my wife thought something was wrong,s we heard the water turn on and turn off a lot.

My wife went into the bathroom and told her she could have the water run on here as long as she wanted, 20 mins. later she finally got out of the shower and thought is was cool to be able to shower that way. Boy the things we take for granted here in the great country of America.

Jerbear

6. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

Jerbear,so true the things we take for granted.

I have had two young ladies at my place on the river.
    One from Poland,one from Russia.

They can't seem to understand that the average person can have so much here in the USA.

Not to highjack this thread,but the way things are going someday it could very well read.(Owning a gun in America)

Bo

7. crusha

crusha TS Member

Bocephas,

You better hope your wife don't find out about them 2 squaws you're shacking up by the river...

8. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

Buzz,she was there.I take her everywhere I go.

This way I never have to Kiss her goodbye.

Bo

9. crusha

crusha TS Member

Dang...an understanding and open-minded woman, now that's what I'm talkin' about...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.