1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Owatonna Summer Handi cap

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by trapper71, Jul 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapper71

trapper71 Member

The Board of Directors wishes to thank everyone that attended our Summer Handi-

cap this past weekend. The weather was a bit warm on Saturday but Sunday turn

out to be a great day to shoot. Forgot the scores at the club will pickup

Wenesday night and get them posted.

We would also like to say congratulation to the group of Shooters shooting the

AIM program Saturday and then joining in on our handicap and doubles event.

Sunday Kaycee Nelson was able to humble the guy’s when she ran the lone

100 in sixteen’s and followed up with a 97 in Handicap to win that event.

Great shooting Kaycee.

Thank you to all the shooters that attend any of the events at our club over

the past summer and rest assure we are already planning for next summer.

2. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

Trapper, you beat me to the punch! Thank you for the excellent reception and consideration given to the youth shooters who traveled to be a part of the Minnesota Youth Chain Shoot in Owatonna. I loved that so many of the kids stayed to shoot the rest of your event too--our own Baby Boy shot 400 targets that day and improved as the day went on.

I'm still a relatively new shooter and I've heard shooters talk about those days when the targets look so big you just can't miss them? Owatonna had one of those days on Saturday. The kids all said it, Coach said it, and when I walked out there and called for that first bird, my eyes got huge and I SAID IT! Saturday was a highlight for me and Baby Boy, and even Coach did fantastic considering he still sees three targets (surgery's on Thursday, can't come soon enough!).

On the drive back home the kids asked when your next shoot was, and did you always feed people like that? We'll be back with more kids next year!

Here's some photos of the MN Youth Chain Shoot winners:

[​IMG]

Jon Mellum (1st place, Junior Class B, 98x100)
    Krista Mellum (1st place, SubJr Class C, 80x100)

[​IMG]

Emma Olson (1st place, SubJr Class B, 86x100)

[​IMG]

Colton Langer (1st place, SubJr Class A, 98x100) This was Colton's personal best!

[​IMG]

Joe Bartz (3rd place, Jr Class B, 92x100)
    Megan Norman (1st place, Jr Class C, 89x100)

[​IMG]

Colm 'I need a haircut and a shave' Macnab (1st place, Jr Class A, 96x100)
    Ryan Bartl (2nd place, Jr Class B, 95x100)

Next year the Buckle Shoot portion of the MN Youth Chain Shoot hopes to continue at Owatonna, if you'll have us.

Calamity & Coach

3. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

Here's a photo of Kay Cee Nelson from State 2010--she had just run 100 in singles and was awarded her special Minnesota State Shoot 100 straight pin. She's a great shooter but more importantly, a super young woman.

Congratulations, Kay Cee!

PS. A little warm on Saturday? Are you KIDDING? What was the heat index, 110+ degrees?

[​IMG]

4. trapper71

trapper71 Member

Calamity

I'm sorry to say Kaycee was awarded her 100 straight belt buckle from Owatonna

on Sunday and I don't think anyone got a picture of it. Tell the kids the

kitchen crew steps up to the plate at every shoot. ( they also do the same

thing on league nights) Next shoot will be in May at the Degner Memorial Shoot

5. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

Dear Owattona,

Sally and I had a great time. As always the club was in great shape, perfect targets, (Larger than Buffalo's XXL Targets) and the shooting company is hard to beat. We always have a fantastic time at your shoots and look forward to returning next year with more youth and more fun.

Get some new ink cartriges, with my newly repaired eyes on Thursday I plan on adding an additional digit to my scores.

We cannot thank you enough for allowing us to bring the MN. Chain Shoot to your venue. The shoot went off without a hitch. Kids had a good time and most stayed and shot the rest of the daily program which is a plus for them and your venue. Lots of smiles all around!

Sally is right, some days the targets look like a full moon in October out there. Saturday was that day. I panicked for a minute and thought I was going to have to use triple bb's. There was allot of bird in the air. To my amazement the swarming 8's crushed the targets. Nothing left but a thin layer of dust and some water droplets on each of the shooting pads from my nose. You guys sure know how to turn up the heat!

Take care until next time, Thank you!

Mark Stevens aka: Coach

6. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

Trapper,

Chances are I'll see Kay Cee in the near future. I'll send word to her to bring her Owatonna belt buckle with her, snap a shot, and send it your way. You'll want to keep it for posterity--heck, if she autographs it it could be worth a lot in a few years!

Calamity

PS Whoever made that cherry/rhubarb square is a magician. I wish I would have bought the whole pan to take home. Yum.

7. Kooz25

Kooz25 TS Member

Great pics Sally, Sorry I missed it. Owatonna puts on a great shoot. Sorry I did not make it down there this year, but you can bet I will be there next year.

Kooz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.