1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Owatonna (MN) Shoots for 2012

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by trapper71, Apr 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapper71

trapper71 Member

We went over our program for the Appreciation Shoot and studied it before we

sent it out but the individuals that received it in the mail will notice we

misprinted the date for April 29 2011 and it should be 2012. We are

sorry about this and will go over it one more time in future. This is the way

it should read.

Owatonna (MN) Gun Club’s Annual Non-Registered Appreciation Shoot

April 29th, 2012

Start time 9:00 AM Sharp

100 Singles ...................................................... $22.00 entry

Lewis (non compulsory) .................................... $5.00

100 Handicap ..................................................... $22.00 entry

Lewis (non compulsory) ................................... $5.00

All entrants that shoot both events will win a prize courtesy of the Owatonna

Gun Club.

50 pair of Doubles ............................................... $22.00 entry

Lewis (non compulsory) ................................... $5.00

Prize list will be posted at the Club the day of the shoot.

Other ATA Registered Events This Summer

May 20th - Degner Shoot

June 8th, 9th, & 10th - 15th Annual Cabela’s Shoot (Shooters supper on the 9th
    )
    July 20th, 21th, & 22th - Summer Handicap (Marathon targets on 20th)

Remember if you need camping for our bigger shoots call early as it is

first come, first served, we have limited electrical hookups.

2. trapper71

trapper71 Member

3. Smokechaser

Smokechaser TS Member

Great range, people, thrown birds, clubhouse, et al. I certainly plan to shoot the June and July outings. Only problem with Owatanna, regardless of the field size, I always seemed to get punched up a 1/2 yd or more. I understand that means I just shot well, but it's starting to get harder back there a bit...

I don't know exactly why, but our clan of 4+ shooters rates Owatonna as some of the "DON'T MISS" events for the year. I feel the same way about the shoots at the Eau Claire, WI gun club. I see the birds so well at these clubs, and it seems I always put up a good set of numbers for all events. So keep up the good work, fellows, and we'll continue to show up, shotguns in hand and money in the pockets.....cya

4. trapper71

trapper71 Member

5. hounddog41@charter.net

hounddog41@charter.net Member

The year before last we came to the Cabalas shoot and really had a great time food was great, everything was great. The program said ties divide and there was quite a bit of discussion about the subject and it turned out to be hi gun instead. There was some talk that you folks would look at it, ties divide, for last year but it still was a high gun payout. EauClaire has a three day shoot at the same time with a fair amount of added money. For us, Owatonna is twice as far and as the above thread read EauClaire is a great club also. The competition is a lot greater there than EauClaire. I happen to be a big believer in the ties divide system payout, as it gives a little more chance for more winners. In no way am I knocking your club or the shoot as it is a great time. We would condsider coming back if the payout system would be changed to ties divide. The year before last it sounded like there were a few more shooters that felt the same way as I. Please dont take this as a slam at your club as it is not!!! We had a great time when we were there and would consider coming back if the payout were changed to ties divide. Thanks much, Im sure that there will be some that disagree with me. Alex Kotter superior wisconsin

6. maltzahn

maltzahn Active Member

Cabels's shoot.... must be some Cabela's gift cards there to win. I can bring some scissors along to "ties-divide" those Cabela's gift cards. Or..... high gun the entire program. The shoot organizer and computer program will like than much better.

See y'alls in June.....Maltz

7. guido

guido Member

Dear Mr. Trapper, Have you found anyone to keep the restrooms stocked for this summer??

Guido

8. trapper71

trapper71 Member

Maltz, No scissors needed as shoot will be high gun.

Guido- is there some reason we should not count on you. If you need a camping spot make sure to let us know

9. guido

guido Member

Gentleman, you too Ron, I am NOT running for Mayor of anything. As for the restroom duties, I don't think I will be up to par for that.

Guido

10. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Ron. Need a shoter on your squad, holler

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.