1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Owatonna (MN) Cabela Shoot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by trapper71, Jan 10, 2017.

1. trapper71

trapper71 Member

Sitting here looking outside and the snow is blowing and the temp is going down again just happen to think it is

roughly 149 days till the 20th annual Cabela shoot at the Owatonna Gun Club. Again this year it will be a 4 day

shoot the second weekend in June or 8th, 9th, 10th and 11th. Hopefully the weather straightens out by then

and gets a little warmer. The wind I can't do anything about- it's Owatonna. More information will become

available as we get closer. :)

Neil Winston, jslytlemn and baron von thanked this.
  2. Champion II

Champion II Active Member

Great shoot to be at ...and the help and food make it the best up in MN.

baron von thanked this.
  3. ntgr8

ntgr8 Member

Good Lord willing, the old old guy will be there .

4. wat

wat Member

A very nice shoot .great people ,good food, thank you.

5. Ray Sn

Ray Sn Member

Owatonna Gun Club is an excellent place to shoot.Great target presentation and very well run.The food is great! Ray s

6. Gussers

Gussers Well-Known Member

Is there a program out for this shoot yet?

7. Pseudo Nym

Pseudo Nym Member

Gussers, this would be a great place for you and some of the other KC shooters to give a try this year. Approximately 5 hrs from KC (straight up I 35). They have some camping hookups if you prompt Dukefan to bring his trailer. As often as I get to shoot there during the week, I have never attended the Cabelas shoot. I think this year I am going to give it a try and drag my brother (Sportalluring) along with me.

Gussers thanked this.
  8. Gussers

I am planning on it as of now. The Colorado State shoot is the next week, and I want to do that one also this year. Lot's of traveling in June it looks like for me.

9. trapper71

trapper71 Member

Programs will be out towards end of April, if you PM me I will add your name to mailing list or if I have your email I will send it that way once they are out.

10. The Literalist

The Literalist Well-Known Member

Yesternight, I summoned my butler to review summer appointments. Alas, there were conflicts with the Cabela's Shoot. It seems that very weekend I was scheduled for a polo tourney in England followed by a regatta off the coast of France. But...never wanting to disappoint my fellow shooters, I canceled those little soirees and freed myself to motor to Owatonna for one of my favorite shoots of the summer.

While I'm not keen to join in conversations with the little people who attend, feel free to approach me with your greetings and kind words of admiration.

And sharing your adult refreshments is always appreciated.

Cheerio, pip pip, and all that rot.

KS-OKIE, DC1958, baron von and 1 other person thanked this.
  11. Dukefan

Dukefan K-80 Trap Special TS Supporters

I think that is the same week as the Kansas State Shoot.

12. Gussers

Kansas- hot and dusty
    Minnesota - cool and pleasant

I'll head North

Besides, the Lit will be there. How can you pass up the opportunity to meet him?

KS-OKIE thanked this.
  13. trapper71

trapper71 Member

We will need to set up a area under the pavilion for the Literalist to take photo's and sign autographs

Gussers thanked this.
  14. maltzahn

maltzahn Active Member

Well now!!.......if the Literalist will be there.....I will be there. All 4 days because I'm retired and everyday is like Sunday.

Although, my brother from another mother is not reliable when making long term commitments. The Lit is just as likely to be playing with the swells at some tennis match in New dam York. Or playing dress-up with transvestites on a Kaladamfornia beach. I'm tellin' yall's .....Just not reliable. Don't be plannin' on that there picture or autograph crap.

Maltz

KS-OKIE and Gussers thanked this.
  15. DandyRandy

DandyRandy Well-Known Member

Sounds like a good time. Never have shot there. 75 miles on the nose from my driveway to the Cabelas parking lot in Owatonna.

16. Brownie91

Brownie91 Member

Really fun shoot. I have shot some personal bests there. I really look forward to that shoot every year! If you guys are able, make the drive and enjoy a great shoot!

My avatar is actually at the Cabela's shoot 2 years ago during the handicap event!

17. Wayne U

Wayne U TS Member

Trapper, I would like to have the program sent to me but can't figure out how to send you a private message. Could you send one to me and hopefully I can figure out how to reply? Thanks.

18. DandyRandy

DandyRandy Well-Known Member

You can't send PM's until you have 50 posts.

19. Scott Gradert

Scott Gradert Well-Known Member

Sounds fun, got to keep that in mind

20. The Literalist

The Literalist Well-Known Member

Ah, Mr. Maltzahn chimes in with spurious comments. If I recall last year, it was YOU who departed early. I made 2 of the 4 days but, as is my wont, I skipped the days of 90+ degrees as I have done since my sad melting in the heat at the Iowa shoot some years back. Since then, summer broiling has not been my friend...unlike Maltzie who thrives in 100-degree shooting. If Owatonna President, Jay, could stand behind me on the line with a spread umbrella and a tray of cool drinks (for sipping between posts), I could probably handle a warm day better. I shall inquire of that possibility.

Search tags for this page

cabelas classic trapshoot minnisotta