1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OVERSIZE PRIMER'S

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by IMR 7625, Jul 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IMR 7625

IMR 7625 Member

I USE FEDERAL,REMINGTON & WINCHESTER PRIMER'S

OF THE NEW ONE'S WOLF, NOBELSPORT,CHEDDITE & FIOCCHI

WHAT ONE'S ARE OVERSIZE

THANK YOU JACK

2. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

The one issue to consider is taper. Fed. does not fit well in Rem. but Win. do and the base dia. is the same. Some of the off-shore primers are hard and 2-piece firing pins fail prematurely do to this. ie P-guns

3. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Most Cheddites and the Fiocchi 616 should be standard size. The Nobel Sport and Rio are slightly oversized, as are the Fiocchi 615. One odd number of Cheddite primers were oversized, but they aren't usually available here anymore. I can't tell you about the Wolf primers. I don't have any and won't use them until there is a little data available or I get around to having some tested for pressure in a few loads. I've seen some claims that you can substitute Winchester Data, but I'm a sceptic.

4. riflegunbuilder

riflegunbuilder Member

I have used Fiocchis for several years. Just went to NobleSports. I have tried some Fiocchis in hulls that were primed with the NobleSport primers and they seem tight.

5. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

I've found the Fiocchi 616 primer to measure about .001 ~ .0015 larger than Wolf, Cheddite, and Federal 209s. I only use 616s in Rio, N/S, & Fiocchi hulls, as their primer holes are a bit larger. HTH AndyH

6. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

I bought a case of Wolfs from Recob's at WI ST shoot.

Work wonderful in AA's and Feds. Shot 300+ this week, just same as Win primers.

I tried some STS hulls and the primer does not sit tight. I didn't put much effort into adjusting my 366. Right now I'm gonna keep using the Wolfs in AA's.

It's one helluva deal.

7. dshot

dshot Member

I have shot around 20,000 nobel sport primer's and they preformed great,had my krieghoff worked on and found that the bottom firing pin(shoot and un-singel) was bent and battered,it had been replaced about 18 mos. before. These primers are hard and damage to your gun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.