1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Overheating Hydraulics on John Deere X595

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Joe O, Oct 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe O

Joe O Member

My John deere X595 lawn tractor keeps disengaging the pto that runs the deck! I changed the Hydraulic oil and made sure it was up to the proper level. I'm not working it hard, just mowing grass. It will work again if you turn it off and let it cool down. The time it will keep working keeps getting shorter and shorter. There must be some kind of temp sensor, could that be the problem?
    Joe O

2. ctreay

ctreay Member

Maybe a filter?

ctreay

3. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Are you sure the hydraulics are running the deck blades and not a electromagnetic clutch? I don't have the model you have, but my JD 332 uses a electromagnetic clutch directly driven off the front of the crank. The flywheel coupler runs the hydrostatic pump for the drive,lift, and steering.

4. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

What makes you think the hydraulics are overheating? The mower clutch is electric?....yes...no????

Call Deere

5. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Check out the JD web site - looks like the PTO may be hydraulic (looking at the mid-PTO).

Could be a bad solenoid or wiring to it...

http://jdpc.deere.com/jdpc/servlet/com.deere.u90490.partscatalog.view.servlets.HomePageServlet_Alt

6. rdp58

rdp58 TS Member

Is your temperature gauge running hot? My mower was getting hot and I cleaned the screens and it still got hot. I finally took a water hose to the radiator and it solved the problem. The hydrolic oil cooler is in front of the radiator. My guess is the hydrolics are getting hot and cutting off. Someone ask earlier about the clutch, it is built into the transmisson but it has a switch to turn it on. If in fact the hydrolic is getting hot enough to cut the PTO off it can't be good for the rear end. Wash the radiator and let us know.

7. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

He must not want to find an answer....

He should call Deere and ask them if DTAC 60939 applies to his problem.

The drive is actuated by an electric solenoid.

8. Joe O

Joe O Member

Working on it, the screen in front of the radiator was VERY plugged with dirt and dust. I thought I would get some good ideas for some of the more common and simple solutions. I'll wash out the radiator next. The oil was low in the rear hydraulics so that was changed and filter replaced that helped for a while. My hunch, after seeing how plugged the screen in front of the radiator was(the one you can't see without removing the side screens)is I will see a noticable improvement. I new to this game and as with most things I learn the hard way.
    Thanks for the help,
    Joe O

9. RidgeRunner

RidgeRunner Member

You are on the right track. Make sure the radiator is clean escpecilly in between it and the oil cooler. There is a coolant temperature sensor that cuts off the PTO if the engine temp reaches a certain level on the x595.

Kent

10. marco1028

marco1028 TS Member

I have and X495 diesel tractor, other people have mention cleaning screens etc. my recomendation to you is to get some concentrated degreaser(castrol purple passion, simple green etc.) remove all the outer screens, inner screen and spay the oil cooler, radiator and the entire interior(cool engine). Then hose down completely with hot water or if you have apressure washer even better. Make sure your fluid level is up where it belongs. Hope this helps
    Regards

11. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

MArco is correct, it seems there is always a minute oil leak on the cooler and then dirt sticks to the oil that has seeped out, spray it down with some good cleaner, I've even used 409 before, but try to be careful if using a pressure washer and shoot straight through the coil or you can bend some of the fins, and make the problem worse

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
john deere snow blower keeps disengaging

john deere x495 blades disengage

john deere x495 pto temp switch

john deere x595 problems

x495 hydraulics it may be simple

x595 guages mess up when roi activated

x595 overheating

x595 pto coupling for mower stuck