1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Over-Under gun question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tomc66, Oct 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomc66

tomc66 Member

I recently purchased a new over-under trap gun with 32" barrels and changeable choke tubes. If I purchase two skeet choke tubes, can I occasionally shoot skeet or are the 32" barrels too long?

2. Grumpy Bear

Grumpy Bear TS Member

I do shoot skeet occasionally with my 32in Beretta DT 10 sporting clay gun with no problems.
    How ever a high trap stock will make your gun shoot high. This could be a problem with flat
    skeet targets. Give it a try, and remember to have fun.
    Jim

3. HTSmith

HTSmith Active Member

The barrel length shouldn't be a problem. You'll likely have to float the targets a bit because of the high stock. All it costs to give it a try is two choke tubes and you could probably get those at a good price on this site. Give it a go.

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

It should be perfect for low seven skeet targets. HMB

5. SuperMotard

SuperMotard Member

where's low eleven??? is that where you shoot for a pink cadillac?

6. oz

oz Active Member

you own it, shoot it!

7. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Sure you can shoot your O/U at skeet. I shoot my trap doubles gun at skeet quite a bit and I don't change chokes. Very good pratice that really helps your swing. My skeet scores with the trap gun are very similar to what I get with an actual skeet set up.

If I were a 'serious' skeet shooter I probably wouldn't do this but for me its just for fun - give it a shot.

8. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Your trap gun in terms of barrel length, POI, and stock design is very close to what a modern skeet gun looks like anyways.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.