1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

over seas shooters at sw grand

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by chapk80, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chapk80

chapk80 Member

Hi neil winston.
    Its paul chaplow here there are group of english shooters coming over to the sw grand next week . Ive advised them of the procedure to follow, as discused in the meeting that we had last year. Unfortunatley i wont be able to attend this year. But im allready making plans for attending the sw grand next year. I hope everything goes to plan please keep me advised if the format that we discussed works. I look forward to seeing you in 2009 all the best Paul. I would also be intrested to hear any body elses views regarding overseas shooters attending ata shoots . All the best Paul

2. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

And Hi to you as well, Paul. The rules we worked out are now in the rulebook:

"6. Foreign shooters who shoot DTL or doubles in their home
    associations will be classified either by those averages (or their
    ATA averages, at the discretion of the handicap committee.) For
    classification purposes, a DTL average of 95 will be considered the
    same as an ATA singles average of 95 and the same equivalence for
    doubles will be used."

We've been in contact with some who are coming to the SW Grand and they are very, very cooperative and being dead certain to do everything right. I appreciate it. Remind them to bring their CPSA cards, will you? Sure we can look them up but the card is easier. I will get there early to be sure the classification people know what's in the book. Also please tell them that if anything looks odd, to get hold of me so we can check it out.

Congratulations also to Ian, both for his interview in Clay Sports UK and this first place in the European Single Barrel Championships. I know you have conflicting schedules, but if your mob could ever make the Grand American in Sparta you'd have memories to last a lifetime.

And you are at the top of your National Team this year, aren't you. Nice going!

Neil

3. Steven R. Scheib

Steven R. Scheib TS Member

Paul, I met you in Norbert & Rich's shop last year at the SW Grand. I'm the guy who produces the K-80 caps. I have a question for you. I am planning a trip to Europe June 1 - 10 with my son-in-law who oversees a high school class trip. We are part of an educational tour that will fly into Paris, and then visit Lucerne, Vaduz, Tryol, Neuschwanstein, and Munich. I would like to visit the Krieghoff factory in Ulm and was wondering how far away I might be while in Munich. And, are you near the area? Any chance to shoot while there? Just curious and have been wondering if I would see you guys in San Antonio this year. Sorry you cannot make it. I am on my way there right now and will arrive sometime this Saturday. Steve

4. chapk80

chapk80 Member

Hi Steven R. Scheib thanks for the reply. I do remember you from the southwestern grand.

Im pleased that you are coming over to europe for a holiday but unfortunatley i live in engalnd and you are travelling to germany. You doing the right thing visiting the krieghoff factory in ulm, peter will look after you hes a wonderfull person. Ive visited the factory 3 times and every time its a pleasure to visit. unfortunatley i dont hink there is much clay shooting there as in that area of germany hunting is there choice of shooting

If at all possible you want to extend your trip so that you can shoot our biggest shooting event of the year at bywell shooting ground on the 13/14/15th june. Its our english championships etc.

The ground owner is a personel friend of mine and im sure he would help you out any way he can.

Hope to see you there, but if i dont i look forward to seeing you at the southwestern grand in 2009. All the very best Paul Chaplow

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.