1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Over 100 100 straights today at the grand

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by smsnyder, Aug 12, 2013.

1. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Wow I lost count of all the 99s broken LOL Heck D class shooters are shooting 97 and 98s.

2. Shooter R

Shooter R Active Member

Congrats to anyone shooting a good score.

I clicked onto the "Live Feed". but it seemed way to slow. A scrollable list would sure make it more useable.

3. YOTESLAYER

YOTESLAYER Member

I agree!

4. smsnyder

OVER 50 200 straights today

5. 8708

8708 Member

Shooter R... And the previous system made that possible? I never got it to load period!

6. Kim Z.

Kim Z. Member

This puts me in the "F" Class.

7. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Long live the no whole target.

8. Two Dogs

Two Dogs Well-Known Member

61 ...200 straights...42 were by AAA....

9. semperfi909

semperfi909 Well-Known Member

Really? Anyone else getting the idea that ATA trap is going the way of American skeet? With 2hole targets and Pat taps throwing mostly straights the game is just getting pussy silly.

JMO of course.

And those Brits and the rest of the world persist in still shooting DTL with a 45deg field with 60yd targets and STILL shoot perfect scores. And no one whines about the targets. Amazing innit? Are they really that macho? I mean, Brits?

C'mon, folks. Time to Man Up!

10. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

And how many of us shot one of those 100/200's?

You Earl?

11. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

At least we've identified the problem. These targets are much too tough for those B, C and D shooters. Throw 'em in the 1 hole to 45 yds. and Neil will provide a series of charts and graphs proving we're on the right track!!

12. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

I shake my head in disbelief. When I first started out a good day was breaking a 90 in handicap, and a 92 could win most handicap events in my area. Who is kidding who?

The PGA makes courses more difficult when conducting a major championship in golf. These targets for the Grand should be in the 4 hole at least. Let me set these targets and the shooters would need a bus transfer to catch up on the extreme angles. Food for thought.
    Steve Balistreri
    Wauwatosa, Wisconsin

13. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The new Generation or mind set is to win anything even if you didn't in reality win anything ... I started on wide, long targets and had a sense of pride when I did win ... I don't shoot as much anymore and probably never will like I once did but what ever fly's I will try to make die ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

14. mx2k33

mx2k33 Well-Known Member

"ATA trap needs younger shooters". Is that because breaking 200 straight with 60+ other competitors is exciting, challenging, cost effective, and a real test of young reflexes? Are there a lot of young competitors at bingo or shuffleboard matches?

15. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

I think if you put it in perspective it doesn't sound so incredible.

You have around 2,000 trapshooters, a lot of them are the best in the country, Canada and the world.. 60- 200's would equal 3- 200's at your local shoot with 80 shooters.

Doesn't sound so easy anymore does it? Come on down and take your shot. Harv

16. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Semperfi is right on. Why is there more interest, not all but generally, in Bunker trap among the youngsters of today? Too easy has become too boring for them. The analogy of Steve's is not unreasonable, the one trouble being with the design of the Pat--there is no hole to easily change to. The old WW handsets could be changed in seconds, many shoot-offs in the past were settled by changing the spread. JMO, same old argument that's going nowhere.

17. smsnyder

This sport has come a long ways.

18. mx2k33

mx2k33 Well-Known Member

The question is, should ATA trap continue to be a miss-and-out proposition even at the local level?

Sporting Clays and International Trap are games of skill. ATA trap is a game of mental and financial stamina.

19. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

the ones talking about the targets being too easy....how many 100 have you shot lately??

tony

20. mx2k33

mx2k33 Well-Known Member

...how many 100 have you shot lately?? That's not the point. What does shooting 100 get you? (We all know what 99 gets). After shooting nearly a case of ammo for a whole day and posting a perfect score, you end up as a "finalist" along with nearly 100 or so other competitors. What other "challenging" sport has this?