1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

== Outrageous Injustuce ==

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by GW22, Jun 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Jerome Ersland killed an armed robber. Maybe he didn't handle everything perfectly but this guy being found guilty of MURDER in the United States of America is completely outrageous.

-Gary

2. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

"The men then allegedly pointed their guns at Ersland. The pharmacist drew his own weapon, a small semiautomatic handgun he had in his pocket, and fired at Parker, striking the youth in the head. Surveillance video from inside the store captured Parker’s fall to the ground as Ersland chased his accomplice from the store."

"When Ersland stepped back inside the store, he retrieved a Kel-Tec .380 from a nearby drawer and shot Parker five more times. The shooting occurred off camera, so Parker’s posture at the time remains unclear."

Sorry to disagree with you Gary,,,,but he did commit murder according to the 2nd paragraph I quoted from the article,,,,we can shoot to stop the threat,,,,we CANNOT put five bullets in someone who is on the ground....

3. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Seen this a couple of days ago on the news. Made me sick to my stomach. I'm glad he shot the miserable bastards.

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    So why can NYC cops put 41 slugs into an unarmed man?

Why did the cops in Portland empty two pistols into a woman with a BB gun?

The cops say you continue to shoot until the threat is neutralized.

Apparently cops can do that but robbery victims can't.

Some pigs are more equal than others.

5. JH

JH Well-Known Member

Didn't a Marine veteran get shot 60 times by the police the other day?

6. GW22

GW22 Active Member

BigdogTX:

Like I said, maybe he didn't handle everything right but if this is MURDER then the defintion should be changed.

Give the guy a $100 fine and three days in jail and call it even.

-Gary

PS: Suspend the three days in jail.

7. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Its a touchy one that i can see both ways. I agree on the shoot until the threat is neutralized. The subject gets sketchy when you you tap the dude 5 more while he is down. Of course without vid there is no way to know if the POS on the ground was still a threat or not. In the heat of the moment chit happens. It could have been handled in a better way in order to keep his butt out of the wringer. Should have shot the bastard 6 times initially and we may not be talking about it. Cameras and sound can help sometimes and other times hurt.

Don't missundertsand my views on this. When you enter into somebodies home or buisness with bad intentions you have then proceded to "reep what you sow".

I hope nobody ever comes into my home in this manor. I really do. I really don't want to shoot somebody but will in a heartbeat if pushed with no conscious over it. I will shoot until my finger gets sore.

Rick Barker--You gave some fine examples of how your mouth can sometimes "screw the pooch" for ya.

8. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Good examples Rick.

In some states even if someone is inside your home they have to be armed with intent before you can use deadly force. Putting a weapon in their hand saying it was theirs could backfire and land you in jail also.

The guy would have been found innocent if he hadn't unloaded the extra rounds off camera.

A friends wife is a State Assistant attorney general and her advice is to be friendly and co-operate with your ID and request an attorney for anything other than speeding or a seatbelt violation.

9. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

My younger brother is an assistant Prosectuing Attorney for a fairly large city. He said the police usally get a substantial amount of evidence unsolicited from peoples mouths running too much. He stated the adrenaline whether victim or shooter usually affects everything including their mouth. As Rick stated above, give the bare minimum and let your attorney handle it from there.

A throw down weapon is a very bad idea. If a DNA swab test is run on the throw down weapon and tested you better hope they don't find anything. A simple skin cell jammed up in the weapon could turn you from victim to bubba's bitch.

10. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Use a 12 ga with 00 buckshot, one trigger squeeze and the problem is neutralized

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.