1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Outrageous delay for NICS in NJ....

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by chino, May 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chino

chino Member

Today is 20 days counting since my FFL submitted my form......Call my FFL this morning and get the same reply! FFL told me that this is s statewide problem! I should have gotten a FFL from Pennsylvania to accept my shotgun if I had known its gonna be a long delay....!!!!!! Very frustrating!

2. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Welcome to the world of Liberals in charge!!! You'll probably find a email from someone in DC telling them to do exactly what your having to deal with.

Just like the "over" purchasing by the government on ammo.

Just like the Lead HOAX and the need to ban it.

Just like "OH its only a background check"

on and on it goes.

3. chino

chino Member

Finally after 21 days my FFL call today to inform me my NICS came back....whew! A friend of mine is still wait for the past 28 days!!!!!!

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    That's nothing. Federal approval for my suppressors only took NINE MONTHS. But there's been improvement lately. The wait is down to a mere six months now.

5. Rebsmith

Rebsmith Member

Brian.....I don't think we can even possess a photo of a supressor here in the Peoples Republic of New Jersey. The last NICS I ran only took 21 days. You must also remember this is for the INSTANT check, the standard takes longer.

Jere Cossaboom

6. locdoc

locdoc Member

I know NJ is somewhat special but NICS is a federal background check. It is my understanding that if someone is 'delayed' or their check needs 'further review' that if you do not hear back from NICS that you can complete the transfer AFTER the third FULL business day. What's the holdup in Jersey????

Doug Whiton, P/W dealer/dist

7. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

NC..I,,,S. I like that show also.

8. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

The most effective way to deal with this problem systemically is to write your Congress persons and Senators- both national and state level. They have the ability to get answers and everyone that asks raises that bar a little higher

If you dont write- it is like not voting.

Regards from Iowa

Gene

9. redfin

redfin TS Member

get in touch with the anjrpc, let them know whats going on,they will bust someones balls. joseph

10. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

I got two back yesterday that were submitted on April 24th. A girl in the office told me that they just hired 4 more screeners but it's taking time to train them.

Ed Yanchok

11. TrapRJohn

TrapRJohn TS Member

The NICS check in N.J. is only being done by Fax and they only have one phone number for this

12. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    TrapRJohn, quote: <i>"The NICS check in N.J. is only being done by Fax and they only have one phone number for this"</i>

If that is true, and I see now reason why it wouldn't be, it would explain a lot.

Like the delays.

And fitting hand in glove with the political attitude that citizens should not own guns. So let's make the system as inefficient as possible.

13. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

http://clashdaily.com/2013/05/breaking-nj-state-senators-caught-on-open-mic-saying-they-need-a-bill-to-confiscate-guns/

14. broadway john

broadway john Well-Known Member

Wait, it gets worse. Try buying a handgun, fill out application for permit to purchase, get finger printed, wait 3 or 4 months for permit. Then go to gun seller fill out paperwork, wait 3 to 4 weeks for NICS. I guess the background check they just did for purchase permit wasn't good enough. Now if you decide to buy another handgun you go through the whole process all over again, fill out application, get finger printed, wait, fill out more paperwork and wait, get gun. Unless you were smart enough to get 4 permits, cuts down on time wasted but only good for 90 days, but they can be extended which you will need to do because you are limited to 1 handgun per month. This process has absolutely NOTHING to do with public safety or crime control. It is a tool to make it as difficult as possible to legally purchase a handgun to the point that people will either give up during the process or not even try to start it.

john horgan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

long delays for oregon ffl

nj nics delay forum