1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Outlook Express?'s

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by locdoc, Mar 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. locdoc

locdoc Member

Looking for suggestions here first.

Am using OE for my email program and starting this morning I can no longer delete the message after I have read it.

Started with one or two and now nothing can be deleted. not even messages in my other folders.

Left clicking the red X on the tool bar does not work. Right click on the message in the upper half of the screen and select 'delete'.... nothing happens.

Has this happened to any one else B4 and if so what was the cure. TIA

Doug Whiton, P/W dealer/dist

2. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

I have used it for years.. did you try restarting the machine?

3. locdoc

locdoc Member

Yes, have restarted several times and also have 'power cycled' the wireless modem. Including not only shutting the power off but also unplugging the power cord for several minutes.

Doug

4. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

? ? ? Outlook Express ? ? ?'s

Mine pooped out several months ago, I couldn't fix it, and I have switched to another service.

I think Microsoft stopped supporting it and they want you to go to hotmail - or something.

5. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I still use iy. I have noticed that it is starting up just a little slower. Other than that no problems. Go to deleted mail click on edit and go down to "empty deleted items folder" click on it and all deleted items should permanently be deleted. Bulge.

6. Jack L. Smith

Jack L. Smith Member

I have had success with the following but I am not a certified OE or microsoft tech. First delete your files in deleted folder. Then try:

file
    folders
    compact all folders (stay with it, occasionally it pauses or hangs up waitng for OK)

then, Close OE and reboot computer

sometimes this shakes the hiccups out

good luck

js

7. 870

870 Well-Known Member

Just Google your issue, there are lot's of instructions out there on how to fix it.

8. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

You might be at capacity in your deleted items folder. You cannot just keep deleting. Try going to deleted folder and deleting some emails.

9. locdoc

locdoc Member

Good news..............

Jack Smith's suggestion seemed to take care of the situation. Did not need to close OE and restart...... yet...

Once I compressed the files it seemed to come back and I could then delete individual messages from any folder

Thanks for all the suggestions

10. Jack L. Smith

Jack L. Smith Member

Doug, I am glad it worked. I also suggested here on TS that Versus network film stars like Justin Tmberlake & Myle Cyrus shooting ATA trap to stimulate our sport, but no one has followed that lead.

yet

js

11. missemucho

missemucho Member

My first suggestion would be to dump IE and go to Mozilla Thunderbird; a lot less problems.
    John

12. locdoc

locdoc Member

Thanks again to all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.