1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Outers Wireless Voice Release

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by djcuda, Jul 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djcuda

djcuda Member

I am looking at a used set of Outers wireless voice releases.I would like to know if they are reliable and where can I get more information on them?
    Thanks Dave

2. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Outers was sold out to Howells shooting supplys in I believe Alabama. You can google the name. They also sell and repair trap/skeet equipment. They can help you .

3. Country Squire

Country Squire TS Member

djcuda, We have had them at our club in N.East Ohio for 4 or more years now. They are much more easily set up and taken down than the wired Canterburys. They work for about 97% of the shooters. If you have a short call like Hup etc. you will have trouble getting targets. If you start your call quietly and get louder you will get slow pulls like pullLLLL.If you have a good call you will have no trouble. The battery life is good lasting about 3 months with use on Wed,Fri,and Sun. each wk about 15 hrs a wk.The mike stands are more stable also. I would say they are reliable. Yep.Hope this helps. George

4. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

alil problem for kids -- if you shoot registered rocks of have those who do , practise with you- it'll be a small problem as stated above!!

5. djcuda

djcuda Member

Thanks for the help and advice.
    Dave

6. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

someof the issues that we found. The antenna must stick out the back of the trap house. you need to unscrew the antenna tip and clean it and then apply diaelectric lube to the area so it gets proper connection. They had a revision in the main board inside thebox in the trap house. We got one from outers before they sold out and i am not sure if the new owners have them yet. That becomes the main problem as that board goes bad and will not receive the signal. Once the board id replace it works pretty good. see above thread. make sure all the connections are tight and have lube on them. if the speakers work close tot he trap and as you move them back they will not throw a birs check above and probably the board I asked if there was a revison and the answer was maybe. when you look at the two different styles that we have there IS A REVISIOHN but not sure what was changed. contact the howells guy and they can help.

7. Pull Bang

Pull Bang Member

We have had them (two trap houses) for about 5 years. They work OK and the battery live is good, 4 month+. Once we instruct a new shooter to the system on how to call for the target they usually adapt.

The MAJOR PROBLEM is the release of unwanted targets by gun fire from the adjacent tap, phantom targets. We have tried every gimmick, had them replaced with a later PC board revision, no help, the phantom target keep flying. We usually turn the system off and go manual, like in the old days. When running one trap they work GREAT!

Like I said they are OK and usually work very good, but, for us they can be a pain in the ass with the phantom targets.

Frank

8. Frank E.

Frank E. Member

Frank,
    We had the same problem at our club. I don't know if you are aware of the senstivity switch in the speakers. Contact me at above address (leave off the xxx) and I will tell you in more detail how to correct the problem.
    Frank K.

9. Pull Bang

Pull Bang Member

Frank E.

Yes, I am aware of these settings. Have tried all the sensitivity settings along with changing channels one at a time, did not resolve the problem.

I didn't mention in my previous post that our trap fields are close to one another.

The 27 yard mark on post 5 is approximately 16 feet form the 27 yard mark on post 1 on the adjacent field. There is not a barrier (shrubbery Etc, Etc.) between the fields, this is probably the problem.

We investigated putting a barrier up. However, when shooting on the 27 yard line (post 5 on trap #1 & post 1 on trap #2) and getting a hard angle, your swing comes real close to the barrier. This would be a major distraction.

Thanks for your concern.

Frank

10. Trapshooter01

Trapshooter01 TS Member

Frank,
    we experience the same problem at our club. This past Sunday I pulled off the sponge cones and placed some saran wrap over the mike cones and reinstalled the sponge. The jury is still out but we did not have any problems all day.

we will see what happens the rest of the week as one day doesnt mean the problem is solved

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
outers all american wireless voice release

outers voice release

outers voice release system

outers wireless release