1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Outers voice release

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by AveragEd, May 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I think your problem is in the machine rather than the voice releases controlling it. Pat-Traps will do that - it's caused by something with the rollers that you invert for doubles. Lack of lubrication, perhaps? My club used to have a Pat and we had that problem now and then but I can't recall the exact fix. We also have Outers releases and have never had that problem with them (but they are now connected to GMV machines).

Ed

2. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Btplus, did you try turning the trap on without the release system connected?

If it does it with the outers unit disconnected, Problem is in the trap.

Jim

3. Pull Bang

Pull Bang Member

Hey btplus

Several years ago I was the trap chairman at a club that had three Pat Traps all with Outers Voice Release. Everything worked fine; we did not have the problem you described.

I think your problem is the throwing arm break adjustment switch setting. Standing behind the machine, look on the LEFT side for a small medal plate with two allen screws. The holes are elongated on this plate where the screws go through.

Put a mark on the present location. Than, loosen the allen screws and move the plate, holding the brake switch, FORWARD about 1/8 of an inch. If this does not resolve the problem, move the switch back to the original setting. Than move it BACK about 1/8 of an inch. You may need to play with the setting to get it exactly right.

This switch/break setting is designed to stop the throwing arm from wind milling.

Good luck.

Frank

4. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Now that I think abot it, you guys are right - the rollers have nothing to do with doubling. They cause broken targets if not lubed or something. At least I think so..

Ed

5. sleepy bill

sleepy bill TS Member

Unhook your voice release system and see if your machine keeps throwing targets. We had one of our older machines last month do the same thing and we finally got it fixed when we changed out the eleven pin relay in the control box. The contacts in the relay were burned and stuck together. Let us know if you get your machine fixed. Bill Hardison Memphis Sport Shooting

6. cdconley

cdconley TS Member

release the arm and let the pump run until the machine is warmed up. Our club has 5 pats and when they're cold, for some reason they windmill targets. They need to warm up for about 20min or before arming or they'll windmill targets on cool mornings. Just my 2 cents.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.