1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdoor life , what a joke

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by coho, Apr 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coho

coho Member

A coworker and I are always debating the good and bad of living in Sheridan wyoming so last week he proudly drops the new outdoor life magazine in front of me that shows their number two pick of the top 100 best places to live is Sheridan. In utter disbelieve I just scanned over the article then started laughing out loud when I cam to the mean house price listed as 108,000. you can’t even buy a .08 acre lot right next to the railroad tracks for that here. It kinda makes you wonder how much time these writers put into researching their articles, or maybe that’s the problem, he’s spent the last 20 years doing research so What’s your “best place” to live and why?

2. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

The best place to live is on my street. If it weren't, I'd move.

Neil

3. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

Because Buckeyes suck dog slime and MICHIGAN has the Wolverines and Mason.
    Besides that cesspool called Erie should not be compared to Michigan, Superior and Huron.

4. magnumshot

magnumshot Active Member

I live in the USA

5. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

ottumwa, iowa. how can you beat high taxes,crappy roads and bridges,a large imigrant population, and low wages.jackmitch

6. gotbass

gotbass Member

Anywhere in the good old USA beats anywhere else in the world, yes even including Washington DC, and other similar metro areas, San Francisco and LA. If we keep working at it and do nothing about immigration and socialized everything we are going to wake up like Europe, which by the way I would not visit even if someone gave me the trip.

7. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Stop your complaining you could live here near Chicago or worse Detroit

8. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

Sounds like the drive-by-media has infested Outdoor Life!

Buz

9. ksaul1

ksaul1 TS Member

"and MICHIGAN has the Wolverines and Mason."
    Yeah, the wolverines and Mason, and don't forget michigan has detroit. Bwaahhahahahahaha...........impressive indeed.

10. Wahoo

Wahoo TS Member

Jackmitch, you left out Walter O'Reilly.

11. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I'll tell you why these writers have no clue about property values. They go to the websites that promise to appraise property without anyone actually having to do any work. My wife is a realtor, and says those sites drive her nuts. They are so far off that they're worthless. She does it the old fashioned way. She works to arrive at a figure.

12. Rebsmith

Rebsmith Member

Where the heck is N.J.BOB when you need him??

13. harleypilot

harleypilot Member

Jackmitch,

You forgot Graham's Dairy, the Canteen, and the trap club at Issac Walton. These things alone make Ottumwa a great place to live.

Jim

14. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

I just saw a copy the other day on a co-worker's desk, and don't remember much of the list. However I am familiar with several towns on the list and like them. Lewiston, ID was #2 by my recollection, and was the town years ago where Jack O'Connor chose to live. I like it, and ATA trap is active there, not mentioned in the Outdoor Life article. Pocatello, ID was #5. I'd actually rather live here than there, though both are nice. They have better upland hunting, while we are better for waterfowl and big game. Sheridan, WY is a very nice place, as is Dillon, MT.

I've been fortunate enough to travel to 48 of the 50 states, and live in several different parts of the country. Much of the USA is very beautiful, but also much of it is in danger of being overun with too many people, too many houses, and too many machines. I am reminded of the Eagles' song "The Last Resort", which paraphrased, says something like "Call someplace paradise, kiss it goodbye".

15. Kevin Nelson

Kevin Nelson Member

I live in Sheridan Wyoming, and the median price of housing is not $108,000, it is more like $190,000. It is a great place to live if you like the outdoors. We have a great trap club, the managemnent (well we wont get into that). If you love to hunt and fish bring your check book, and get used to the words no tresspasing and outfitters.

16. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

harley pilot you sure know a lot about ottumwa.jackmitch

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.