1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Our primary system is a fraud

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by 635 G, Jan 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Our primary system just about guarantees the least qualified persons are their parties nominees.

Its about time we have one national primary day-one month before the prospective conventions-this should be for national office only.

Phil Berkowitz

2. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

Phil,

As much sense as your comment makes, it's closing the barn door after the horse is gone - sorry to say.

I have a long-time friend in the international computer business. His take on voting is that "there is no such thing as an honest election - even more so now that votes are tallied electronically". The modem has made the voter obsolete. Cynical I know, but when you look at recent elections around the world, and even in places like Florida, Minnesota and Oregon it's difficult to dispute.

George Mason (a founding father) knew it over 200 years ago. "..our Constitution was made for moral and ethical men, it is wholly inadequate for any other."

IMO,
    Kip

3. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

I agree. That way at least all of the voters in all the states have an opportunity to winnow the field, not just the first few states. Not fair at all the way it is.

4. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Don't you think our current process helps weed out the weak? Helps get more people involved in our political system?

A National system would give the majority of the population centers (East and West coast) an advantage over the mid-states in our country. Just because a canidate is popular in one area doesn't make them the right choice.

I'm not sure about you guys but I'd just as soon have the whole country run like California politics. No offence made to the citizens of California.

5. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

The current system & I mean no disrespect to Iowa,NH & SC---so far less than 1% of the US population has knocked out most of the Republican candidates. These states are not truly representative of the US as a whole. The current system in the last few years has given us piss poor candidates -resulting in the election of Obama-& historians will deem him the worst President in US history.

Phil Berkowitz

6. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Drop the primaries. Go back to real conventions of the party big-wigs.

7. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Great idea, let's have the conventions at Miss Keet's "whites only" gun club. BTW, where was this mythical gun club located??????

8. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

Good one John. Charlie

9. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Galt - Texas

10. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

After watching Republicans destroy each other in just three primaries, and it's only January, I suspect we will never again see an incumbent president defeated for a second term.

Likewise, with copious televised debates we will never again see a quietly competent, methodically effective president again elected. That's a shame. There are several Republican governors that fit that description that have remained non-candidates.

11. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

halfmile is right....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.