1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Our pal Diane Sawyer is on.

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Wyogoose, Apr 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wyogoose

Wyogoose TS Member

School is in. We can learn all about how those evil guns will be our downfall!!!

2. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

It was anti-gun. Even if they claimed is was not about the secound amendment, via disclaimer at the beginning of the broadcast.

3. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

She's just an idiot bimbo!!!

4. smp005

smp005 Member

Useless bitch....

5. sallyjane

sallyjane TS Member

Tom while your at it why don't you invite obmama, holder, pelosi, durbin, and that wonderful idiot schumer to come along with her. Maybe you can catch diane in a sober moment.

6. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I found it very intersting and their experiments demonstrated exactly the fact that just because someone can shoot targets at a range with questionable results rarely has any correlation with using a firearm in an emergency situation

People froze- they shot randomly if at all = before they were shot themselves- they were actually more of a danger to others

Another intersting observation was that often a person attempting to get a firearm out couldnt even identify the bad guy(s) and if there were more than one person with a firearm- you couldnt distinguish between bad guys and good guys during that stress

There might have been a political agenda behind any expose on firearms but regardless- they had law enforcement and trained professionals that were involved

The results- people that dont deal with stressful shooting situations are more of a danger to others than they are an asset

That probably includes 99 percent of those wanting a concealed carry permit.

I am not in opposition to concealed carry- I do however believed that there are a lot of untrained "wannabes" that want to carry guns. There are a lot of untrained and unsuitable people that do get concealed carry permits

Concealed carry should only be a right to defend yourself and not some theory that you are going to protect others

We have trained law enforcement for the protection of others-

regards from Iowa

Gene

7. ganger

ganger Member

" We have trained law enforcement for the protection of others" When seconds count, the police are only minutes away. Do you want to be one of the "others" Not me. ganger

8. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

Rhymes with "useless witch".

9. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

She just does what her network tells her to do. And of course she is a flame'n anti gun liberal too. Be pissed at the network that schedules these type of broadcasts, and of course the "poltically correct" advertizers.

10. bigdogtx

Gene,,,,you've got to be kidding,,,,cops clean up after and file reports,,,,you've got one cop for thousands of citizens,,,,just HOW are they going to protect????

11. g7777777

Watch the show- for those that didnt- the lead expert was a well respected law enforcement trainer - with research behind him

Bottom line is that supposed highly trained civilians were more of a danger to others than a danger to the bad guys

Even law enforcement people need to continually train to be effective.

We found that to be true in the military- you have constant after action reports and every mission is a training opportunity.

Watch the show.

regards from Iowa

Gene

12. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Police response time: 4-10 minutes

Colt response time: .357 1400 fps

I'll take my chances with my own firearm.

Good luck Gene

13. sallyjane

sallyjane TS Member

hey gene, I bet you think all cops are expert at using firearms. I've been shooting 45 auto's since I was 7 years old. That was 54 years ago. My grandfather taught me and I've been shooting them since, combat and bullseye. Some 24 year old cop isn't going to tell me squat about firearms use. And after two tours in Vietnam I consider myself somewhat of an expert on AR's also. Cops don't know everything, although most of the time they consider themselves entitled or something. I trust myself in a life or death situation. By the way, if you depend on others you will die.

14. g7777777

Watch the show

15. bigdogtx

btw Gene,,,,the part where the shooter comes in the room and takes out the CC,,,,they knew ahead of time where they were,,,,why not let me be in the room and I will guarantee different results!!!! Half of the benefit of being concealed is the BG doesn't know who's carrying,,,,kind of defeats the purpose if the BG _knows_ doesn't it!!!!

Oh and Gene,,,,looks like some of these did WATCH the show and have very similar views to those of us who aren't afraid of a handgun!!!

16. colonel klink

colonel klink Active Member

Bigdogtx got it right! When I was watching the show I told my wife that it is not a fair test. The shooter is the instructor. They created the scenario, know there is only one armed person in the room & they know where they seated this person. The other persons in the room are also part of their team (they stated that early in the show). It was all scripted. Even a expert shot could not pass the test successfully. But what did you really expect. The whole show was anti-gun. Not one single positive thing for a pro-gun stance. I watched the whole thing expecting at least a little positive thought but - NO!
    The 60 minutes show -20 minute segment Sunday night was far better. At least they gave a shot from both sides. JMO Colonel

17. Justin L.

Justin L. Member

Gene,

Ever see the police footage of the cop shooting at a guy across the hood of a white Suburban? No one got hurt. I know in a situation like that your shooting isn't going to be as good as shooting at a piece of paper, but goes to show that not all cops are experts of shooting in high stress situations, either.

18. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

timberfaller,

The problem is, most people are neither strongly pro-gun nor strongly anti-gun, so they won't do anything more than watch this show and accept it as truth.

Its the disinformation sent to the voting majority we need to worry about.

19. g7777777

Justin- you have a good point and they mentioned the fact that police officers have to constantly train- both mentally and physically to be effective in shooting situations

Police officers are not always effective even with experience and training. They need to continually hone their skills and then you have the human factor.

"wannabee" civilians however should only have a concealed carry for the purpose of protecting themselves- not others in situations such as depicted- they are a greater danger to others

Gene

20. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

A gun can't protect you from someone else that has a gun. Does not having a gun protect you better? I don't understand the logic. I grabbed a shotgun before when someone was knocking at my door at 3 in the morning. They turned and left. If they would have kicked the door open I would have shot them. It was very comforting at the time to know I wasn't helpless. The police only help you after the fact. You would be lucky if they were there in 10 minutes. The crime takes seconds. I have heard the phone calls of helpless victims talking to 911 while someone breaks in and kills them. It would have been much better for them to be armed, with any gun. If you don't want to own a gun don't buy one. Why do liberals always insist on running everybody else's life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.