1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

== Our Increasingly Sick Culture ==

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by GW22, Nov 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Penn State is a much needed wake-up call to decent Americans.

Our culture has been on a downard spiral for years but now we let a man who raped -- not fondled or touched, mind you -- but full-on anally raped young boys, walk the streets on bail? All the while Joe Paterno, the most powerful person at Penn State, knew about it and allowed it to go on, and even kept the animal Sandusky employed for years afterward while countless further abuses were allowed happen. Paterno let Jerry Sandusky run a charity associated with Penn State that was, in truth, a recruiting network for vulnerable children he could prey upon and repeatedly molest. And Mike McQueary, the gutless coward who used the whole thing as a career springboard, stays on the Penn State payroll to this very minute. And we, as typical morally diseased modern-day Americans, ask ourselves whether Paterno and McQueary should really be blamed, since, after all, each did tell his immediate supervisor.

That's how sick we've become - so incredibly sick that we have to study and ponder these issues like algebra problems, searching our minds for the answer, asking ourselves whether it's OK for at least a half dozen grown men who knew the details to look the other way for years while children were being raped by a colleague right under their noses. We're so morally confused we can't even recognize monsters in front of our own eyeballs. We ponder these things while our college-age children riot in the streets over the "injustice" that beloved "JoePa" isn't allowed to coach the big game against Nebraska. That's the injustice they're concerned about. They chant "Joe.. Joe... Joe!" - literally worshiping a powerful man who CHOSE to look the other way while little kids' lives were being ruined by a horrifying monster. Our generation's offspring puts football and institutional reputation above the lives of helpless children. WE did that.

Let me end with a diagnosis regarding YOU. If you don't KNOW -- and know IMMMEDIATELY after reading that Grand Jury report -- that Jerry Sandusky, Joe Paterno, Mike McQueary and all the higher-ups at Penn State deserve to have their lives destroyed then you have been hopelessly infected by the moral disease that thoroughly infests the bloodstream of this once great and moral nation. YOU are part of the problem and should be ashamed of yourself as you think about what happened to those little kids and the role you personally play in helping to prevent justice from being carried out. Anyone decent can see that Sandusky is a monster but if you sympathize with Paterno and McQueary then may YOUR children or grandchildren be the next ones to be raped by an evil monster like the one they allowed to prey on the children of others.

-Gary

2. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Penn State is a metaphor for the cultural and political cancer that has metastisized in front of our very eyes. The slime has oozed out onto our streets and parks and into the corridors of congress.

Unity of purpose is our only hope. We have run out of runway. We must crush depravity any where we can find it...we must save our nation and ourselves.

3. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Gary , you have my vote to give Closing Arguements at the trial . I hope they at least Hang Sandusky . Yes the others should have followed up on their accusations . The president of PS should also hang by his short hairs .

4. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

I give him a 9.1 on the pontification scale.

Since GW has already conducted the kangaroo trial, there's nothing to do now but hang everybody at Penn State.

5. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

John,

I'd have to bet that it wasn't a Freudian slip, but you might want to re-read the second sentence in your last post.

6. snkypete

snkypete Member

GW22 - You are so right it hurts! Thanks for putting out there so clearly.

Richard

7. glock22

glock22 TS Member

Our great nation has has went a long way in the wrong direction!
    GOD help us

8. crusha

crusha TS Member

I don't agree that this is something new. This is nothing that didn't happen in the Catholic Church for the last...eons. This crap has always happened, we're just now starting to find out about it more often.

In the Good Old Days, a-holes like this guy could have gone their whole lives without being found out. I have a feeling that once we start prying the lid off these kinds of situations, we'd be surprised at how many abusers have gone to their graves without ever being exposed, many of them possibly having led entire lifetimes under camouflage as conservative, traditional-values types right until the very end. That's not meant to single out conservatives or anything, just illustrating the most extreme example. I'm sure many hairbag liberals have done the same thing; it's just a creepy criminal and mentally-ill condition that can't be laid at the doorstep of any particular ideology.

I personally know a couple liberal people who were abused by "conservative" and supposedly Christian authority figures as children, and I'm convinced (although they won't admit it) it's the reason they ended up liberal in the first place - as a deep psychological reaction against who they saw to be their oppressors. I have some liberal friends/acquaintances who can logically and intellectually explain and defend their reasons for being so; and then there are others like the ones above, who are very vague about their reasons, and only after really knowing them a long time do the puzzle pieces start to surface. I honestly wonder, sometimes, just how many liberals became that way because of perceived or real trespasses afflicted on them in their younger years by adult authority figures, back in the days when "traditional values" were the "majority position" occupied by every supposedly-responsible adult (and the young, scarred-for-life future liberal who was involved simply associated every wrong ever done to them to that ideology, and never came to see beyond that association). The more I get to know liberals, the more of them who seem to be messed up or victimized in some very deep, fundamental way...and it just makes me wonder if that's why so many of them cannot articulate why they are how they are? The homosexual whose parents never accepted them? The abuse victim whose abuser hid behind a facade of church-elder "pillar of the community" respectability their whole life? Free-thinkers who were catechized by overbearing religious wind-bags their whole young adult life and never got over it? We will never know.

But the days of being able to trust anyone who "volunteers" to be around children are long over, though. We simply know better now.

The most unvelieveable aspect of the Penn State thing is the timeline. There were credible accusations in the mid- to late 90's, and by 2002, they should have had this asshole on criminal charges dead-nuts. The fact it went until the 2008~2011 time frame to get elevated speaks of a tremendous lapse of judgement and responsibility on the parts of many, many adult authority figures, from the Prosecutor's office, to the Parents, to University officials, and probably others.

(And those people protesting the Paterno firing just need to get a life. If they'd take up residence with the flea-bags at the OWS camps protesting the Banks, at least I'd have to grant some plausible basis to their discontent - but all this over a FOOTBALL coach? Give me a flipping break).

9. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Fantastic accurate commentary on this subject:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/OAOrT0OcHh0?version=3&rel=1&fs=1&showsearch

10. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Wireguy: That video was excellent. Thank you.

Buzz-gun: I wasn't saying pedifilia was new. I'm simply saying that, in general, Americans' ability to recognize evil and separate fame from legitimate admirability has deteriorated to the point that it is disgusting. Read that Grand Jury report front-to-back and then think about all the people feeling sympathy for Joe Paterno and continuing to worship him. Think about McQueary working on the same campus for years alongside the man he personally saw having sexual intercourse with a 10 year-old boy. Think about all that and tell me you're not sickened by what our society is becoming.

-Gary

11. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Very good video Wireguy

12. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

As bad as bad this is, one question I have not seen asked.

WHERE WERE THE PARENTS OF THESE KIDS THEN?????

What was a ten year old doing on a college campus without adult accompaniment?

First time I was on a University campie, I couldn't believe what I was seeing!!

All the pervert groups HAD offices!!!!!

Its nice to see anger here, but where was the anger when these "offices" were allowed to be opened up? Adult show and tell is what comes to mind here.

13. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Timberfaller:

Sandusky strategically targeted kids from broken homes and weak parenting situations. He developed a whole phony charity organization to cultivate little boy sex partners.

But MUCH MORE IMPORTANTLY, as JoePa said to the pep rally on his front yard after this all came out, "BEAT NEBRASKA!"

-Gary

gw22_2008_030382.jpg

14. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Sandusky should be taken out and killed, and his body ground up for dog food.

What I fail to see is how all the righteous peole are after an 80 some year old coach, who had no other authority than coaching the football team. And who reported a "hearsay" account of an incident to his superior. I guess hindsight says he was supposed to go shoot the perp. Sure.

why aren't they trying to find the DA who dropped the charges in 1998? His laptop computer was found in the river with the hard drive removed and his car was found. He disappeared immediately after dropping the charges. What did he know? was he anothe pedo?

No one is going after any of that. Let's hang the coach. He must have been responsible.

HM

15. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Halfmile: Let me respectfully point out that you don't grasp the power Paterno held at Penn State. He was a GOD there. Literally. He could have snapped his fingers and Sandusky would have been gone and the molestations would have stopped. But Paterno CHOSE to look the other way to protect the image of a university and its football program instead. He chose that over stopping child rapes. That's why we're "after him."

-Gary

16. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Is anybody really surprised, after all this was Penn State. The only thing I find surprising is this didn't come out about Ohio State. It will though, eventually.

Hey people it is football. Why do you think they have 2 a day practices? Not to scrimage. It's so they can frolic in the shower with each other, twice as much.

It's a damn shame they had to drag minor boys into their perversion. Hang em after they have a fair trial.

17. crusha

crusha TS Member

Gary,

It's all despicable, to be sure...but in perspective, I can see little here which is different from what the Catholic Church allowed to happen, in multitudes of locations, since (at least) the 1950's.

You'll always have your knee-jerk defenders, unfortunately abetted by the prevalence of fase accusations in high-profile cases. But I think once people have had a chance to digest the infomation, the weight of it will hit home and you'll see very few defenders of Paterno marching in the streets. They'll be home, watching Dancing with the Retards (or perhaps attending Bingo Night at Our Lady?), just like they were before this whole thing hit.

18. GW22

GW22 Active Member

I agree, Catholic priests who molest children deserve the same punishment. Even if they are from the same Catholic church where my money goes.

-Gary

19. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Gary, what is your dog in this hunt? You seem to have a real hardon for Paterno rather than the guy who ctually committed the perversion.

I personally never heard of him so I don't give a rat's

HM

20. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

In April of this year there were accusations of Sandusky introducing other child molesters to some of these kids for their generous donations. A sports writer, perhaps getting the information from one of the victims spoke of this months ago. I am sure more accusations will surface, but will the people doing the investigation release all the facts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.