1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Our Friend Mike Greenblatt taught me

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by JACK, Sep 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

To be gentler. To diminish the caustic side of me. PBB was a true believer in being gracious to all he encountered... As a reminder I am about to hang on my office wall, a framed copy of Paublo's rendition of Mike as he worked at his shop bench. You all have seen this. We all loved it...
    mia_2008_030346.jpg

I will have Jeff Philbar's original professionally reprinted and offer one of those to anyone on TS.com that wants one at my RAW cost. The original will be framed appropriately, and sent to Betty as this promotion winds down.

I've worked this thru my head a lot, and I think if Mike had a say in this, he would figure the value to be in how others might be influenced by remembering his presence on TS.com and in direct dealings he had with so many of us. And so, it is not to be a money maker, rather a inspiration for so many of us to be more giving to our fellow man.

Betty's original will be framed in a classic manner.

I ask, if you want one of these professional reprints that you send me an email and I will accumulate those, have the prints made as a block order and I will mail those out likely in a month or so. I only ask that you cover the cost of the print, and the postage.

lastly, I reserve the right to alter this offer as others may have ideas to augment or enhance that I have not thought of. Feel free to comment on this thread. I have ruled out this as a moneymaker to TS.com, and too, it is Mike's memory that we are promoting here. A worthy one at that.

I have a further note re the origination of this wonderful print in a later post.

Jack

2. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Great idea Jack! Will look forward to a later post and what you have to say.

BTW, very well put my friend, we could all learn a little from Mike. I think what Mike meant by "ALL GOOD" was that there is GOOD in each of us and ALL of us should find that within ourselves and practice that GOOD when dealing with others.

milt

3. Sportshot

Sportshot Active Member

a great idea, a tribute to a unique individuals memory. I would like to be on the list for a print, thank you. Sportshot

4. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Sportshot send me an email. I will collect those in a folder on my desktop

Adn I do not want this to go to far without giving proper notoriety/acknowledgement to Don Rackley. Don is the TS.commer that came up with the idea passed along to Jeff Philbar. I hope Don comes along and gives us a thought or two about what it was that inspired him to jump start the idea.

5. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Email sent, Jake

6. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Jack, I made an ATA HOF donation for Mike. Another one of the good one's gone.

7. DB Bill

DB Bill Active Member

"Is this your best and final offer?"

8. thunder

thunder Active Member

I sure miss both Mike's and Pat's posts on here, been reading them for a long time and now their is a hole in our forum for sure.

9. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

There is good in everybody, in some you just have to look harder for it.

Thanks Mike.

Don

10. Don Rackley

Don Rackley Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Jack,

Nice thought, the idea for the print came from thinking about how he worked on the Titanium Cole and was constantly thinking of ways to make shotguns better. Mike touched many people and one night it just crossed my mind that if he had some "Unobtainium", he could make something out of it.

A quick call to the master Puablo (Jeff), about having a file in his hand, coming up with the caption, and 2 hours later it was done. Jeff really deserves all the credit as his skill eternally captures Mike for all of us. I don't have that kind of talent, but Jeff surely does.

Mike made TS.com a better place as his optimism was a breath of fresh air from the people who can attack and argue over anything.

Don Rackley

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.