1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Our Drone in Iran

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by blade819, Dec 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Here is my take based on holding numeorus DoD clearances and having been in a related business for over 30 years. The Iranians have nothing! Well they may have, and I say may have, some type of airframe body or they made a quick wooden and gelcoat mold. However, the most important prize would have been the guts. The avionics and intelligence gathering electronics. Firstly, this equipment is so encrypted that no one, let alone an Iranian, will be able to break the source code of it. Now the specualtion. I would think that the equipment and it's content was detroyed remotely from what base it took off from. For all the comments on this site on another thread, you would have thought that we had numerous clandestine agents shooting trap, or, it was all Obama's fault. In the clandestine world, s _ _ t happens just as in real life. Generally there is always and "cure" for it.

blade819

2. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

it takes years to reverse engineer these types of weapon systems....by the time Iran/China/Russia/whoever else reverse engineers the drone, the drone's technology will be obsolete...obsolete compared to our weapon systems.

The only thing the Iranians reversed engineered quickly, was the Steyr sniper rifles that they bought from Austria years ago. They acquired some, legally, then copied the design and you saw some pop up in arms caches in Iraq during the height of the insurgency.

3. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

It is a Trojan horse designed to gather information on Iran in a clandestine manner.

4. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Certainly hope you are right,,,,I don't give hussein that much credit or think his friends are that stupid....

5. blade819

I worked in a "black hole" for several years. I was told that every weapon system that we designed, there was a counter being designed in the other half of the building. Those drones were being designed and Fab'd way before Obama became Pres.

blade819

6. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Was there a problem on our side (the reason we lost the drone) or did we give it to them for what ever reason? It is in better shape then I thought it would be when I saw it on the news.

If we didn't give it to them then why didn't we have some way to distroy it once it went say below 500 400 300 200 feet? Why didn't we have it blow up once it hit the ground? They do have it on some missels.

7. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Yeah, why didn't we "distroy" it with our "missels"? We do have "missels" that can "distroy" things.

8. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

The whole thing stinks especially our President not authorizing destruction because of fear of war. Doesn't the idiot realize Iran has been at war since at least they took the hostages back in the Carter admin? Hmm there is some irony there.

9. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Now Iran is claiming they are almost through downloading info. from the drone. Bulge.

10. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The spirit of Taraq Aziz is alive and well.

HM

11. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Don't forget the Persians now Iranians have a history of being very very good with math. I would not discount their capability. This is a loser for the USA no matter what spin you put on it.

12. blade819

Man, you Top Secret Clandestine Agents are knowledgeable!

blade819

13. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

And the purpose for letting them get their hands on a drone is???

14. Auctioneer

The Pre's knew that Japan was going to bomb Pearl Harbor but let it happan,

The Pre's knew that the US nuclear plans were on a plane to USSR and let it happen saying "we shouldn't be the only ones with nuclear weapons".

I just hope the truth comes out in time why they have our drone. I'm sure they didn't get it by accident.

15. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Would you believe Obama asked them to return our drone.

16. blade819

There is no purpose. It stopped and crashed. Why not ask them to return it? Should he have told them that they could keep it?

blade819

17. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

So this drone landed, and wasn't purposely "self distructed" before it landed.

Sounds odd to me. If it crashed, it wouldn't be in that kind of shape.

18. blade819

How did you know that the "important stuff" like I pointed out in the initial post didn't self destruct. Based on my experience, I'd bet that it did.

blade819

19. Auctioneer

Do any of you all remember the USAF spy plane that hit a bird and had to land in China or N Korea? The crew wouldn't come out and the china or Korean army was pounding on the door for them to open it. It took the US crew 20 to 30 min to do so. The reason was they had cans or jars of acid that they had to pour onto the equipment in the plane. That acid went all over the computers and other thing and distroyed what we didn't want any other country to have. They got nothing from our equipment and in a few weeks returned our people.

20. blade819

I think we are a little more sophisticated today...I hope. Maybe there would be devices such as that in Mission Impossible "this will self destroy in 5 seconds" that usually radiate some type of EMI (electro magnetic interference)that will literally destroy all foreground, background and source code and all algorithms thereby making any equipment totally worthless. (Hope I'm not divulging TS stuff). I've learned that take your wildest imagination then multiply by 10X and we usually have it. I believe that the drone that the Iranians showed was a repaired balsa and bondo model. You can't crash land anything without damage.

blade819

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.