1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Our Driving Habits...now is the time

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by CalvinMD, Oct 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

The plummetting gas prices we are seeing are mainly due to our cutting out of all unnecessary travel and wasteful use of our cars...yes, partly because the current economy either has us pinching , or because we have lost our income altogether through unemployment.
    My point is that even though fuel has suddenly become cheaper and plentiful, we need to keep tightening the screws and keep our vehicles parked all that we possibly can, just as we are right now!!! The low demand has got the oil companies as well as the oil producing nations of the middle east gagging on the stuff....so lets keep this wedgie going to the point of tears, instead of going back to our old habit of using as much as we want because its cheap and available...lets keep them off balance and back on their heels...we'll all come out ahead in the end .
    It might work or it might not..who knows?...but then again who cares...I just enjoy seeing them squirm...CalvinMD

2. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

And the next the government will do is raise gas taxes because they are not getting the expected revenue. Just watch, we're screwed either way.

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    That's already being done in Oregon. The state is proposing a mileage reporting system for new fuel efficient vehicles because collectively they use significantly less fuel, resulting in significantly less fuel taxes. This unit would interact at the computer controlled fuel pumps, and would deduct the fuel tax, but then add the mileage tax, to your fuel bill. Naturally older vehicles and gas hogs would not be able to use this system.

4. CalvinMD

Thats why this is the time to start screaming and pushing back...to let the elected knuckleheads know we have reached the breaking point....but tax or no tax..the oil companies and the oil producing nations are taking it in the rear where it hurts the most, ..their bottom lines...lets keep it that way as long as we can

5. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

Nah.....the price of gasoline dropped because Obama told everyone to inflate their tires. What else could it be?

6. CalvinMD

Interesting opinion..and you're right that they are capable of inventing the most out of this world BS to justify price gouging....truthfully though at this point in time I believe the global oil consumption is way way down below what it has been in at least a decade...even running the refineries at lowest capacity to keep the plant itself functional...supplies are backing up and at the worst time possible ...when they are cash starved

7. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Calvin, I like that evil side of you that enjoys seeing them squirm, now we need to get the freakin politicians to squirm. Instead of scripted agrred upon questions from aa moderator let's pin their ears back by leeting the real peole ask the questions!

8. CalvinMD

I gots de Devil in me hehehe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.