1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Our Club Charges $3 for Trap - What's Yours?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BT-100dc, Dec 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Vienna Fish & Game Club located in NE Ohio charges $3 per round of trap; $0.00 for free advice & opinions. Open every Wednesday & Sunday. How much does your club charge for a round of practice trap?

2. Bridger

Bridger Member

enjoy it while you can. Our club will go to $4 in 2009. We were losing .50 per round at $3.00. The club is putting in a system that requires a "key" for prepaid rounds to cut down on the apparent theft that is going on

3. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Still at $3 here in west central Iowa. $10 for 50 sporting.

4. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

I belong to two clubs in South Western Ontario. Member rates are, one club charges $3.00 ($2.40 US) and the other charges $3.20 ($2.56 US) with a shoot card. Bill Malcolm

5. plinker61

plinker61 TS Member

$3.50 members,$4.50 non members,youth high school age& under $1.75,edwardsburg conservation club,s.w.michigan,mark

6. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

$7.25 at Markham Park in S. Florida. Now before all the "holy S**T" starts, Markham is a county run public facility not a private members run club. Besides it's the only game in town.

Eric

7. Harty

Harty TS Member

wow... I guess I have it good at $2.50 per round for members and $3 for non members here in TN....

8. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I suspect Math was not a favorite subject for several posters!!

9. rivers001

rivers001 TS Member

At CCC in Miami they charge $8.00 per round. If you're lucky enough to be able to go out Weds through Fri from 1pm to 5pm, you pay $5.00 per round. Too bad for those of us that work for a living.

10. berettaman7

berettaman7 TS Member

A ridiculous $ 7.75 per round for non-members and $6 for members. Too high, one would want to see lower fees to atract new shooters and improve business.

Berettaman7

11. tarhawk

tarhawk TS Member

I pay $3.75 per round (Trap and Skeet). I've paid the member rate so long I don't know what the non-member rate is. We did have a membership increase this year to $235.00 per year and that caused me to pause a little bit. I just signed up for Winter league too: $40.00 for the first event and you have to buy a 12 round shoot card for $54.00 (Winter league). The club is very nice: 4 trap ranges separate from the Skeet ranges, 5 Skeet ranges, one with a trap range in the middle, Sporting Clays course, 5 Stand range, Pistol range(up to 50 yds), and a Rifle range (up to 300yds.) Some may say this is a bit pricey and I would agree with you. However, aside from a little fishing and ATA registered in the Summer, this is my only recreation and I have to do something to keep out of the looney bin.

12. Gross Man

Gross Man Member

At Fairfax Rod and Gun Club in VA we are charging $3.00 for members and $4.00 for guests, and our treasurer says we are loosing money mostly due to "shrinkage". We will probably go from an honor system to a card key system in the hopes of keeping our fees the same. We think we can go from 25% "shrinkage" to 10% "shrinkage" with the card key system. Does anyone have any experience with that, and do you have any recommendations. Billy Gross

13. 1brucem

1brucem TS Member

Magna went from 4 to 5 per round for members due to increase in cost of targets, hope to see it go down now that targets and gas are down. Tooele has stayed at 3.5 but plans to go to 4 with the new year. Great Salt lake is highest in the state at 6 and Spanish Fork is 4 for members.

14. larryjk

larryjk Member

Rawlins Municipal Trap and Skeet charges $2.50 for members and $3.00 nonmembers for unregistered birds. They have just decided to hold the line for this year. Membership is $50.00 for seniors.

15. capvan

capvan Active Member

It's $4.00 per round here in Perkinsville, Vermont. Costs $50 to join the club. Indoor range available. Trap at the $4.00 rate is open to the general public. Runs one evening a week. No trap during December-March.

Bruce

16. napawino

napawino TS Supporters TS Supporters

I am the president of our local club and I contacted our manager on the actual cost of a round. The raw cost is $1.81 per round and we charge $3. Our profit is $1.19 per round. This does not take in the cost of electricity or the cost of the PAT trap.
    Fred

17. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

Cardinal Center, Marengo, Oh. 4.00 per rd of 25. I dont know of anything cheaper in Central Ohio. One club up past 9.00. 4.00 is cheap shooting here.

Best of Holiday wishes.....Gerald

18. algebra1

algebra1 Member

At Bay city in Erie,Pa it is 2.50 for members and non-members.Memberships are only 10.00 per year.Biggest asset are the people that work and shoot here.

19. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Targets at $9.50 a case (135 birds)abouts... $1.76 per shooter before broken birds,show me's. Doesn't leave much room for electric, mortgage, trap, taxes...
    Bay City must have a side business...wink..wink...

20. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

Our club in WI is $4.00 for members and $6.00 non-members.

Kids shoot for $3.00.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.