1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OU vs. Unsingle vs Topsingle

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dust, Jun 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dust

Dust TS Member

Can I shoot dbls, sgls, and hcp with just a OU. Or do I have to invest in the other barrels?

2. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

Dust, It all depends on how well you shoot the O/U. It makes no difference to the bird or score sheet as to what kind of gun broke it. Of course you will need the O/U for doubles. The most important thing will be fit and does it shoot where you are looking (POI)? Many find an O/U to be too flat shooting for HC. If you can shoot this gun to your satisfaction, there is no reason to start buying extra barrels. One of the best shots ever still shoots an O/U for singles.

A friend of mine (a very accomplished shooter) shot his P Gun O/U with very good success. He bought a single barrel for the gun and had it fitted, after which he commented that it shoots the same. Not to say all will have the same result. Marc

3. warpspeed

warpspeed Member

I shoot doubles & singles with a XT O/U. I shoot handicap with a BT99.

I have also shot singles with the BT99 and had great success but once I switched to the O/U, my doubles scores have gotten better & my handicap does not seem to suffer.

I bought the BT99 first and if I did not have it would shoot handicap with the O/U but probably change out the choke to a full.

4. Lou Tenant

Lou Tenant Active Member

I have a combo, and I don't seem to notice a difference between the scores. Today I shot the O/U set, and I thought it seemed more comfortable than the unsingle?

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Leo Harrison uses his DT10 O/U barrel for his Doubles and Singles. You can easily use one O/U barrel for all. Now when you get good enough to use that Unsingle for Doubles then i want to see that. It would take some mighty fast loading. LOL

6. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Been shooting the same Browning Broadway o/u for 40 years. Seems to work very well for 16, h'cap & doubles for me.

Eric

7. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Some of my best (history) years including some 100s up close were when I shot all three games with a Rem. 3200 O/U. If it works for you there's no reason to get crazy......breakemall

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.