1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OU or single?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by rhymeswithorange, Mar 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rhymeswithorange

rhymeswithorange Member

Looking at CG Summit O/U adjustable rib. What would be the drawback, aside from weight, of just buying the O/U with adjustable rib and shooting singles, doubles and handicap with it rather than buying a combo? Thanks in advance.

2. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Speaking for myself, I would utilize an over/under for all the clay games. If you have an adjustable comb and choke tubes in an over/under you are set. I have a Beretta 682 Combo; but if I were to do it over again I would buy a Perazzi or Kolar over/under with choke tubes and adjustable comb and that would be my gun for everything. But then again; my opinion. Ed

3. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

No drawbacks whatsoever..

4. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

Just a shorter sight plane when shooting handicap yardage. JM

5. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

we had a dt10 beretta combo-- weighed the gun with both unbarrel and then o/u- the weight differance was the extra choke. i wud have never quessed that!!!!

6. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Ed and Martin have it right. I've always encouraged folks seeking a first or new gun to consider the O/U for a "one-gun-does-all" since most shooters will eventually want to try other games. A suitable O/U with choke tubes and adjustable comb that shoots where you look will find you capable of trying trap doubles, skeet, sporting clays, 5 stand, continental, and bunker games if and when you consider them.....breakemall.....Bob Dodd

7. rhymeswithorange

rhymeswithorange Member

Thanks a lot for the input.

8. oletymer

oletymer Member

The only difference I know of is wind push. The ou gets pushed around a little more on really windy days.

9. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

Buy a combo and have all you will ever need.

10. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Right now I am shooting all clay events with one gun, and it only has 28 inch barrels. It does a pretty good job. I used to have a 34 in top single. Yesterday I shot my friends 34 in single barrel. That long sight plane really does help. It also seemed to swing through smoother, even though it is no heavier than my short double. I am getting the itch for a new gun, come on tax check!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ou or single for trap