Trapshooters Forum banner

OU Lube

3K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  Harv Shell 
#1 ·
What is your preferred OU lube?

#4 ·
Militec. Comes in a grease gun tube for about $10 (enough to last for a number of years), is the best grease I've come across (I've tried LOTS of different kinds), and stays where it should and doesn't creep where it shouldn't, and doesn't melt at high temps or become excessively hard at low temps. I transfer mine to wood glue syringes, and refill a couple times a year as necessary. Brownells carries it.

One case where the cheapest product is also the most effective. I've also found the opposite is true, the expensive boutique oils and greases are often the most useless.

Their oil is pretty good as well, although a little bit on the heavy side. It would probably prove to be an excellent oil for the "oil is better than grease" crowd. Too heavy to use in trigger mechanisms though.

#11 ·
"A friend gave me a little bottle of that to try. It was so sticky and thick I had a hard time opening my gun."

What?? I think you are exaggerating a tad bit. The stuff is tacky so it stays in place but I I've never experienced any issues you describe when using it on any of my firearms. I've used it on everything from my Beretta and Browning trap guns to my Colt 1911 and AR15. I have a large collection of gun lubes. Some of my favorites are the Swamp Slime and Gator Tears.

In fact I have a bit of a gun lube fetish. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.