1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OTTUMWA RESULTS

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jackmitch, Apr 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

high on 16s was roger brown with a 99, handicap winner was dan cain with a 95, our own kenny glattfelder won doubles with a 95. we would like to thank all who came on a chilly, windy, and rainy for handicap and doubles day. pretty good scores for the conditions.jackmitch

2. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

high on 16s was roger brown with a 99, handicap winner was dan cain with a 95, our own kenny glattfelder won doubles with a 95. we would like to thank all who came on a chilly, windy, and rainy for handicap and doubles day. pretty good scores for the conditions.jackmitch

3. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

i talked to 2 very well respected s. e. iowa trapshooters sun. evening. they both told me that during the singles & doubles there had been several cases of clay birds dropped. i don,t know if this had anything to do with mr. brown & mr. glattfelder breaking such good scores or not. i won,t mention names but {one of them,s initials is D.H. & he is a very high ranking official in the ottumwa ikes club. & the other ones initials is P. B. & he is a former s.e. iowa zone director, retired from john deere & is now a cattle barren on his ranch out in the rolling hills west of eddyville. } neither insinuated that they thought that the good scores was due to the dropping of several cases of clay birds. but i read between the lines & figured this out all by myself. this proves i am not always the dimmest light bulb in the package. this was reported to me while i am sitting in my motel room out in san bernardino calif. by the way i shot 4 practices at redlands gun club sunday & broke 49 out of a possible 100.. i am improving. all is well. dwain

4. CO - 369

CO - 369 TS Member

Fun sidenote for you old timers - both the singles and handicap were won with mod. 12's.

5. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

i might add that doubles was won with a k-80. i didn't see a single model 12 being shot during doubles. ed the loins were great,where were you. co you guys were just lucky i couldn't find a real shooter to stand behind my 391 or it would have been a beretta day.

mia how is the hand. jackmitch

6. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

How many shooters Jackmitch. We had 52 with 3-99's on singles, a 93 on the cappers and a 95 in doubles.

7. dhull

dhull TS Member

50 in singles, 50 in handicap with 14 in doubles. The last few squads of handicap and the first 2 squads of doubles were shot in a light rain.

Dave

8. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

Good turnout, when I was with Don Wycliff on Saturday he had figured maybe 30-35 so that was a great turnnout. We also finished the doubles (20) shooters at approx 3:00 with the rain just setting in. Harlan is doing a class up here and it has been blowing and raining all nite and all day. Plans to be at Fairfield to disburse the 1100 classic trap raffle tickets for the state shoot. Had them printed today.

9. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

hope you had kenny print them.jackmitch

10. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

Jackmitch I have to claim ignorancy on this. Do we have a shooting member in the printing business? If so I apologize for not using him. I believe in keeping it local as they say. BK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.