1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OTTUMWA IKES WINTER DERBY

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jackmitch, Oct 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

The ottumwa ikes start there 50 bird derby (25-16yard targets and 25 handicap targets) november 4th. handicap is your ata yardage. there is a 50 straight pot that you have to of played at least twice before before you can win it.this pot has gotten over $200.00 a few times.traps open at 11:am and the derby starts at 1:pm. for the most part we shoot every sunday all winter unless the weather really turns crappy.if in doubt call the ikes after 11:am sunday at 641-682-8977. hope to see you there. jackmitch

2. red barron

red barron TS Member

I'll be there Jack, Malley and Kenny G. won't be there. They are taking Dick Cheney duck hunting. [:

3. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

now thats a theesome red. i wonder if malley will scream loss if dick misses. when malley hits a duck really hard will he look over at kenny and grin.

4. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

red when you get there let me know who you are i like to put faces with the handle. thanks. see ya sunday jackmitch

5. red barron

red barron TS Member

WILL DO JACK! I HAVE TO WORK THIS WEEKEND DAG NABBIT. I'LL SEE YOU IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS. RB

6. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

rb i know who you are. our buddy malley won the first leg of the derby today as he won a coin flip after he and two others shot a 46. i guess he and kenny survived the duck hunt with dick. that doesn't sound quite right does it. see ya when ya can make it down. jackmitch

7. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Jack.........A coin flip???

They flipped a bloody coin..................instead of a shoot off???

Is this some kind of skeet shoot down there or what???

Hauxfan!

8. red barron

red barron TS Member

Jim won the flip! Must have been a two sided coin.LOL Kenny told me that Malley's Plymouth would not make it to Ottumwa! He didn't pee on anybody's wheels did he?

9. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

haux sorry it took so long to reply i don't get the computer as often as i like. they didn't want to shoot off for some reason. if it were me i'd want to shoot off but poor malley probably couldn't afford the shells. just ask red barron malley is pretty tight with the old dollar. besides if you ever shot with him you wouldn't want to shoot off with him, he likes to mess with you even when it's just for fun.

red the two headed coin thing was discussed after he left. get this he even drew his own number on the mo. draw. and laughed about it.

10. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

red i almost forgot are you coming sunday. you might be able to stop the malley charge or at least distract him so kenny and i can make some adjustments to his gun when he ain't lookin. hope to see ya sunday it's supposed to be in the low 60s.

11. red barron

red barron TS Member

JACK, I'LL CALL JIM BOB IN THE MORNING TO SEE WHICH CLUB HE'S PLANNING ON TERRORIZING. I KNOW THE OTTER CREEK CLUB IS WAITING FOR HIS RETURN. LAST TIME I TALKED TO HIM, HE WAS SENDING HIS KRAUT KILLER BACK TO DUPONT TO PUT BEADS ON THE BARREL. GOD KNOWS WHAT GUN HE'LL BRING OUT THIS WEEKEND. KEEP YOUR POWDER DRY. RB

12. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

he shot the krautkiller sunday and the loser missed 4. i only missed 12 with the italian job. (beretta not perrazzi) if i had his guns i'm sure i'd be a great shot and never miss. he picked my gun up once and looked down the rib and said he didn't see how i could miss with it. i said you just scored that round and i made missing look pretty easy didn't i.if he goes to otter creek he will be here next week to tell us how much he took them for. if i were him i'd sell the plymouth and buy me some decent hulls to run through them fancy guns. hope to see ya sunday.jack

13. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

rb where is the malley man going sunday.

14. red barron

red barron TS Member

HI JACK! JIM SAID HE'S GOING DUCK HUNTIN IN MORNING, THEN HE'S GOING TO OTTUMWA TO TERRORIZE YOU FOLKS. HE HAS'NT DECIDED WITCH GUN TO TAKE YET. LET ME KNOW HOW IT GOES. RB

15. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

rb malley shot the seitz today. 12 year old jerrod won the derby leg with a 45.malley had a 44 as did i.thats pretty good for me and pretty bad for malley. next time you talk to him ask him if he's storing nuts for the winter.we were sitting in the clubhouse talking and i was putting peanuts in his shell bag the whole time.i hope he brings the seitz again so we all have a chance.did you get your garage cleaned out today so you can come down and shoot. jack

16. red barron

red barron TS Member

YES I DID. JIM BOB GOT SMOKED BY A 12 YEAR OLD. WELL THAT'S NOT SURPRISING! RAY CHARLES COULD PROBABLY BEAT HIM WITH AN 870. SEE YA NEXT SUNDAY.RB

17. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

sounds great rb hope you make it. the 12 year old ran the 16s and malley missed 2. i can't remember ever seeing him miss 2 on a trap on 16s.the bad thing is i didn't play any money so i didn't even get in his pocket. he even bought me and 2 other guys lunch today with last weeks winnings.jack

18. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

andy johansen won the derby today with a 46 in windy and rainy conditions.he beat malley by one bird. if malley hadn't had a blooper on his last post it might have been a tie. the red baron swooped down for a visit today and we had some good chilly and laughs. i shop like crap as usual but had fun anyway. hope everyone has a great thanksgiving with family and friends.jackmitch

19. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

bill camp won the derby leg win a 48 today.there were some 46s, 45s, but no 47s. i shot better this week, had a 44,which is aq big improvement over last week. it was chilly and slightly windy but it didn't hinder bill as he only missed 2 handicap targets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.