1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Otter Creek Update

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BeerKing, Nov 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After a meeting of the BOD we started emptying the building on Sunday October the 14th. It took a group of us all that following week and weekend to remove the contents of the building. We removed a lot of the contents to be used in the new building, sold or given away. We spent the week of October 29 demoeing the building and concrete. A lot of old memories were dug up and as much as the building needed replaced it was sad to see her go. The new building will sit pretty much where the old building sat and is situated dead center on trap 3. Footings were poured on Wednedsday and started setting walls yesterday Friday the 9th and should pour concrete on Monday. Weather permitting we do underground work and hopefully have a floor in a week or so. Mother nature has thrown a wrench or two at us a couple of times but framing is just around the corner. I will add more pics later but just wanted to give you an update on our progress

2. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ithaca$$$Grade Active Member

Congratulations guys, thats a huge undertaking and you should be proud that you're able to get it done. Keep the pictures coming and good luck with the weather.

Jim W....Minneapolis Gun Club

3. YOTESLAYER

YOTESLAYER Member

Looks good!!

4. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

TTT wish I could be there to help.

5. trench12

trench12 TS Member

wow!! looks like Bubba was running the tractor again!!!

6. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

Another lovely day in Iowa, 8 degrees in the NW corner of the state and 70 degrees in the SE corner. Looks like weather man hit this one on the head, John D. and I were headed to DeWitt to support the troops over there but had a quick change of mind. Hopefullly mother nature will let me get some walls, underground and a floor in quickly so we can get to framing. Pretty much kissed the archery season goodbye for this year as my hunting ground and cabin are 100 miles away from the gun club. Tried to sneak away on Wednesday, got to the cabin for first time in a month, grabbed bow and pack and headed out the door just in time to get called back to the gun club to answer some concrete questions. Now I remember why I got out of the building trade. Good thing it is for a good bunch of Otter Creek constituents. As in "The Outlaw Josey Wales" when the old chief says "WE WILL PERSEVERVE"

7. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

8. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

9. dgh

dgh Well-Known Member

Wow,, the old buiding is gone,,,

10. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Is that new building up yet?

For Gosh Sakes, what are you waiting for?

Time's a wasting!

People want to shoot!

Next thing you know, it will be Xmas and you still won't be shooting!

Get with it!!!! ;-)

Hauxfan!

11. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

Those who have not been in the construction business need to see what mother nature can do to a schedule.

12. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

13. Gayles57

Gayles57 Member

They poured the footing walls today.

Gayle

14. Gayles57

Gayles57 Member

Didn't get the second pictured attached to the prior post.

Gayle

15. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

Once again mother nature jumps in. With 2" of rain forecasted for Saturday nite/Sunday morning the concrete people elected not to pour the walls Saturday. Saturdays high 70 degrees plus, Monday when we poured the walls, 28 degrees. Dry enough to ramp over walls to do underground when temps in the 70's+ two days, drying time when lows in the teens and highs in the 40's, 1 week. Ever wonder why general contractors have a surcharge in the winter months, this is why. If temps would have stayed colder we would have paid for 2% and hot water in concrete, more upcharges already. Good weather supposedly this week we will backfill hole on Friday, underground Monday and a floor on Tuesday. Then I can start dealing with framers.

16. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

17. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

Septic hooked up

18. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

So we are getting ready to hook up the water and lo and behold we have 2 water lines. pick one the guy says. with a phone call RG says "I bet one of those lines went to the old set of bathrooms "blue building"? OK before my time.

19. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

If the rains holds off we will be installing the ground work today and hopefully pouring a floor tomorrow.

20. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

A big thanks to Steve and the guys for all the work they are doing.

Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.