1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Otter Creek SC - NTD Sunday 10-7-07

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jrdlanes, Oct 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

National Trapshooting Day ATA shoot. Sunday 10-7-07 at Otter Creek SC in Cedar Rapids, IA. Come join us at one of the finest shooting clubs in the midwest. This is our final ATA event of calender 2007. Weather prognosticators say low 80s for temps. Lots of fellowship, food and fun (harassment, heckling etc thrown and caught around here).

And yes, back by popular demand, Bubba, Ole' and their other brother, Ole' will be available for autographs and advice!

Direct Link to program above. (Website www.ottercreeksc.com)
    Readers Digest version of program is:
    NTD pins
    9 am practice open 9:30 early bird 16s
    100 each to follow - 16s (3 classes), handicap (3 ydg grps) and doubles (3 classes). $23 targets in program w/ $6 back (60/40) to classes places (2).

Kitchen open w/ the best tenderloins in NE Iowa!
    (that is for the SE Iowa Ottumwa boys :)

2. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

3. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

Hey Hauxfan & Jackmitch - Go Panthers!!

The only winning team of the 3 Universities in the state.
    And Purple makes my butt look bigger too :(_

4. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Funny, John.........But you are right, those Panther's rock! They are well coached and know what they need to do to win.

Can't say that for Iowa or Iowa State.

See you Sunday???

Hauxfan!

5. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

Haux - I'll be there. Hope to see you there. Weather folks say 80s. Could be the last time we see that in 2007 for our neck of the woods.

I am an Iowa alum so it pain me to say that. I do have a soft spot for UNI though. Good academics and you don't read about the athletes OFF the fields/courts. Can't say the same for the other 2. John

6. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

7. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

jrdlanes i like all 4 of our universities don't forget drake. i think we should have a tloin cook off. we could have biged as one of the judges. i wish we didn't shoot on the same dates so we could get together. i've been trying to get the hauxfan down here since i met him at the state shoot. i would like to meet more shooters but time and family constraints keep me stuck in ottumwa most of the time. jackmitch. ps the way i've been shooting doesn't warrant much travel either.

8. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

Jackmitch - Have you seen biged eat?!?! His posse' claims he judges by quanity ilo quality! There wouldn't be anything left for the rest of us. LOL (and I have been working diligently for the past years to become a recoil absorbing machine. A strict see diet - I see it - I eat it).

Haux is in mourning right now after the UN-Happy Valley debacle today.

Hope you have a good shoot tomorrow Jack. One of these days we'll get those schedules aligned.

9. Hauxfan

John, you got that right. My Hawkeyes couldn't beat the "Sister's Of Mercy" football team the way they are playing.

God we suck...............

Jack, if you're going to let BigEd judge that tenderloin cook off, I'll just bring my own. That is the only way I'll get anything to eat.

Make sure you tell BigEd where the tenderloin ends and the plate starts. He has been known to take a bite out of the plate, you know. lol

See you in a couple hours, John.

Hauxfan!

10. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

biged i can't say for sure on 16s on this end . i know frankiet had a 98 with his new ceasar g. david hull was high on caps with a 94 in rather windy conditions. i'm getting pretty depressed with my shooting this year. if i had something better to do i'd quit. haux i went to my 35 year class reunoin last night and a girl i went from k-12 with lives about a mile west of the cedar falls gun club. jackmitch

11. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

I'll post when you can go to our website for results. Unofficially this is what I have for scores.
    Early bird Terry Elder 100
    Program 16's Kevin O'Connor 100
    Handicap Jerry Pierce 97
    Doubles Steve Crow and Tom Shanahan 96

12. Hauxfan

Wow, Jack, maybe you could stay at her place for the state shoot and save a bunch on hotel/motel rooms.

Worth a shot!

Hauxfan!

13. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

i don't think her hubby would like that and he's bigger than me. my wife probably wouldn't think much of it either if i told her.

14. Hauxfan

Jack, maybe you'd better stay at a motel where you won't get into trouble with anyone. lol

Hauxfan!

15. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

Final stats on the NTD shoot. We don't want to slight anyone their due recognition. Thus our apologies to Jan Pewe. He also broke 100 straight in the program 16s! Good shooting to Jan & all the other notables listed previously! And THANK YOU to all who attended! We appreciate your patronage.

Stay tuned for updates on our 50 bird derbies. The first one is Sunday 10-28-07.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.