1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Otter Creek SC Derby Time!!! 11.7.10

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jrdlanes, Nov 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

Well Gang - The time is upon us for Otter Creek SC's first derby of the season. The location is Cedar Rapids, IA. This Sunday, Nov 7th, is the day. Club opens at 11 am. Auction starts at noon. Kitchen will be open and the cards will be on the table. Practice trap will open also.

Every other Sunday through Feb 2011 we will be hosting this event. 50 birds - 25 singles & 25 handicap (ATA or League ydg to start). Everybody starts with a clean slate and the pot has a $1600 carryover. Takes 3 wins in a season to win the pot.

Looking forward to seeing you all there. John in Iowa

2. Gayles57

Gayles57 Member

John:

Thanks for starting the thread. The Jackpot is $1816.95. Looking forward to seeing everyone. Now all I have to do is to remember how to run the spread sheet that we use to record the scores. Pat and I may have to call on Sven or Bubba for assistance.

Gayel

3. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Good lordy, Gayle. If you have to call on those two, your going to be in deep dodo! lol

Hauxfan!

4. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

Let's see: weather in the 60s; Jackpot starts at $1800+; no ATA for a month; my Ol' Smoke Pole hasn't seen any day light lately; there will be at least 1 hot card game going on; I have not seen my trapshooting pals for a month and I need an excuse to get away from the fall yard/garden work! What can I do to get out of this funk I am in? I know! The Otter Creek Derby!!!
    Come join us this Sunday! Heckling and chastising are highly encouraged. John in Iowa

5. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

68 & sunny tomorrow for the derby. Should be a Great day to bust some clays!!!!!

John in Iowa

6. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

31 shooters took the challenge yesterday in the first OCSC derby of the year. 67 degrees w/ Southerly winds from 15-25 mph was the weather for the afternoon. Those strong winds really caused some of the birds to flatten out and stay pretty close to the deck.

A pair of 49s were the high score for the 50 (25 ea sgls & hcp) targets. Phil Thyer & Steve Manary were our heroes of the day. Great shooting Guys! Congratulations to Phil as he prevailed in the shoot off. There a bunch of 48s & 47s that followed those 49s.

We had a great time catching up with some of our trapshooting friend. We had participants from as far away as the Quad Cities and Ft Dodge. Thank You to all who attended. We appreciate your patronage and hope to see you again in 2 weeks. John in Iowa

7. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

thanks John

8. Locke-N-Load

Locke-N-Load TS Member

John and the Otter Creek gang do a great job running the Derby. The Fort Dodge boys had a good time and we will be back! Weather was great, food was good and it always helps to buy the top gun for the day!!! This was our first Derby so I suppose you have us hooked now!! Thanks, Randy, for talking us into coming over.

Thanks for a good time guys.

Mike

9. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

Mike - Thanks for coming over & bringing your sidekicks along too. Always good to see you & glad to hear that you'll return. You are correct that even if you don't shoot well it always good to buy right! Don't forget you can shoot the CFGC derbys on opposite weekends as ours (11.14 is their first one of the season).

I take absolutely no credit for running the shoot. I contribute very little compared to what others do for OCSC. There are many very dedicated Directors who spend hundreds of hours annually to make certain the club is in good shape and the shooters needs are taken care of. These Directors put these hours in when most of us are not around so their work goes unheralded. They are the ones who deserve the Thanks & Gratitude. They have mine. John in Iowa

10. trench12

trench12 TS Member

HMMMMMM- sounds like Beercan is getting along quite well with those White Flyers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.