1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Otter Creek SC derby 1.31.10

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jrdlanes, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

[​IMG]

Sunday 1.31.10 Otter Creek SC held a 50 bird derby. 29 shooters came out on a mostly sunny afternoon. Light winds from the north made for some tricky targets at times (at least for me & I am sticking to the story :).
    Darwin Stock did not have a problem though. He broke the lone 48 for the top score. There were a number of 47s & 46s tied for 2nd & 3rd.
    Tina had the kitchen going strong. The euchre game was too. Lots of conversation and bantering all afternoon. Thanks for coming out. We appreciate your patronage. John in Iowa

2. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

Also spotted Sunday at Otter Creek was this rather unusual sight. We are not exactly sure what creature had taken up residence on the head of this shooter. Nor could we tell if it was living or dead. At times there was a horrible stench coming from it's vicinity!

Would love to hear some opinions of what you think the object was. Please feel free to share your thoughts here but please keep them ts.com acceptable.

3. BIG B

BIG B Member

Blue Tailed Vole........Very rare, mostly spotted along the river.

4. trench12

trench12 TS Member

WOW!! howja get a picture of one of them out in the open?? They usually stay in cover during the daylight. Sven will have to start puttin' out some traps.

5. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

B - Perhaps that is why the water level in Otter Creek was down on Sunday (displacement).

BigEd - The mental pic of him w/o pants is .... Well, I am trying to have breakfast so we won't go there.

Trench - I would be afraid that he would act like a trapped skunk. Not a pretty thought (or smell - he consumed Meat Loaf, Garlic Bread & Baked Beans on Sat eve).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.