1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Otter Creek SC ATA June 4th & 5th, 2011

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jrdlanes, May 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

Greetings All!

This coming weekend (June 4th & 5th, 2011) Otter Creek Sportsman's Club of Cedar Rapids, IA will be hosting a 2 day shoot. The above link will take you to the program. The short of it is Saturday's 200 bird 16 yd event will have some awesome added money courtesy of Joanne Delong. Sunday is our Belt Buckle trophy shoot. 400 targets on Sat & 300 on Sunday. This should get your month off to a rousing start. Temps look to be in the mid/upper 80s on both days. Kitchen will be open. Practice trap opens at 9:30 & program begins at 10:00 both days.

We are looking forward to seeing you all there! John in Iowa

2. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

Looks to be a great weekend weather wise. Now weather prognosticators say low/mid 80s w/ any chance of rain is in the overnight hours.

Electric hook-ups for campers (up to 12) on a first come/first serve basis. 700 ATA targets @ $24/100 available over the weekend. Tina will have the kitchen open and a good supply of those huge tenderloins ready to tantalize your taste buds. She might even have a breakfast menu going too. There will be at least 1 card game going with room for more. I am guessing that there will some folks to commiserate with once the shooting is complete & club chores are completed.

Looking forward to seeing you at OCSC! Thanks for your patronage. We are grateful for your business. John in Iowa

3. trench12

trench12 TS Member

sounds interesting-- we may make the trip, but only if you make Bubba and Switch Engine shoot the program with Midwest targets. Got to level the playing field somehow. TG

4. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

Hey TG -
    Hope to see you & your sidekick(s) this weekend. You will have to work out that target thing w/ those two chaps on your own though. You know how Bubba gets when he is nervous & tense. I work at not being downwind at those times!

Heard you guys had to put up w/ some nasty weather last weekend @ CCSC. We can sympathize as we have not had a really good weather trapshooting day all season (until this weekend that is :)). John in Iowa

5. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

6. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

Thanks to some very dedicated members of the BOD she (Otter Creek SC) is looking awesome.

Our camper is set up for our first use of the year. We'll remember what we forgot/don't have but need/did not get done last season/etc over the weekend. Rumor has it that there may an adult beverage to sip on after things conclude tomorrow.

This will be a great time to get quite a few targets in, have a reunion w/ some old friends, make some new friends and of course have a shot at some decent prizes. We are looking forward to seeing you over the weekend. Thanks again for your patronage. John in Iowa

7. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

8. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

Hello All - Great weekend at OCSC. Hot, mostly sunny, dry w/o 30mph+ winds. Seems like that was a first for 2011 OCSC ATA events. Full results were mailed out yesterday and I will give you details when I receive my copy. Thanks to all who attended. It was great to see everyone. John in Iowa

9. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

Sat -
    200 sgls - Winner Jeff Walters - 200. Kenny Brandt - 199 Joe Fleming - 196
    Hcp - High RG Prucha - 97. Errol Lindsay, Pat Moore, Jim Steffen, Kenny Brandt - 96s
    Doubles - Pat Moore - 98, Steve Phelps - 97, Jeff Walters & Keith Perkins - 96s

Sun
    Sgls - Mark Scholl, Jerry McVietty & RG Prucha 100
    Hcp - John Hughes 98, Jerry McVietty & Craig Hughes 96s
    Dbls - Jeff Walters 95, Kenny Brandt & Keith Perkins - 94s

High 200 - Jerry McVietty - 196

Good shooting Guys! Congratulations.

We had 76 singles shooters on Sunday. Thanks to everyone who attended.

Our next shoot is the July 4th wknd w/ the annual $1000 Handicap on Sunday July 3rd. New shells will also be given away. More details on that later. If you want to see a program PM me & I will get one to you. John in Iowa

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.