1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Otter Creek SC ATA 10.2.11 - Results

Discussion in 'Shoot Information, EVENTS, Clinics & Results' started by jrdlanes, Sep 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

Otter Creek SC final ATA of calender 2011 is this coming Sunday. Place is Cedar Rapids, IA. It is our Nat'l Trapshooting Day shoot. NTD Leather products are the prizes. The url above will take you to the shoot program.

Weather folk say 70 degrees and sunny. Kitchen will be open. Club opens at 9 am, practice trap at 9:30 and program starts at 10 am. 100 of each discipline starting w/ singles, to handicap and then doubles. We will be using 5 traps and shoot 100 per trap.

Looking forward to seeing you there!!! John in Iowa

2. trench12

trench12 TS Member

This is the man to beat---still water runs deep

3. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

Looks like REALLY still water to me. Napping still it seems. :))

Hey Trench - grab some of the gang & head over here on Sunday. We have not seen your ugly mug in like forever! I am sure the authorities have forgotten about the outstanding warrant for animal cruelty by now. Come on over and say hello.

For those of us who could not fit in a trip to the Mo Fall Hcp this will help take the sting out. The weather is supposed to be great and this is the last OCSC ATA of calender 2011. As always we do appreciate your patronage.

4. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Dang, I see Rich is all dressed up in this picture. Must have been taken on a Sunday.

Hauxfan!

5. trench12

trench12 TS Member

underneath those unpretentious bibs beats the heart of a lion, a cold, calculating competitor who will leave you wondering what the #@%^ happpened!
    Don't let the mild unassuming exterior deceive you for a killing machine lurks just beneath the surface. Put a trap gun in his hands and beware!!!!!

6. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

Looks like a great day on schedule for tomorrow. Sunny & 70.

And today is an awesome day for college football. UNI on radio today @ MO State. ISU vs Texas early evening and Huskers vs Badgers @ 7 pm cst. Plus all the others in between.

Back to slaying clays - Looking forward to seeing you at OCSC. Come join the fun and see your trapshooting friends for our final ATA shoot of calender 2011.

7. trench12

trench12 TS Member

Dust off Engen and chain up Strauss- we are on the way!!!!!

8. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

Wow! What a great day to be shooting clays with a great bunch of people. We had 73 singles shooters with 19 of breaking 98 (26%)or higher! 5 shooters ran the 100 - Dale Pelton, Jerry Pierce, Phil Thyer, Joe Needham and Allan Stichter. Joe was the champion after shoot-offs. Andy Schwickerath & Joe Fleming tied for class B hi w/ 99s. Marlin Cromwell took C w/ a lone 99. Great shooting everyone.
    Terry Elder broke a lone 97 for hi in handicap taking a 1 yd punch for his first trip to the 27. Congratulations Terry! You earned it. But Terry was not done yet. His 290 over the 300 targets was HOA.

There were 4 - 96s in handicap that tied for RU. Marlin Cromwell won the shoot-off. Roger Schwickerath took 18-21.5 grp. Steve Brandel took 22-24.5 and yours truly took RU in 22-24.5. RG Prucha, Tim Kniffen and Ed Schlotfeldt tied for long ydg hi w/ 94s.

Allan Stichter was high doubles shooter w/ a 98, followed by Ed Schlotfeldt's 97. Tim Hays and RG Prucha high in B & C classes w/ 96s. Again some very fine scores gentlemen.

I know I have missed recognizing some names and accomplishments. Please accept my apologies.

And last but not least Camryn Grubic became an ATA member and shot his first registered targets. AND he took home the Jr Singles prize! I am not sure who had the biggest grin on their face; Camryn or Grandpa Bigelow. Congrats to both.

The BOD of OCSC would like to Thank all who chose to spend some time with us not only yesterday but over this past year. We truly do appreciate your patronage. We don't always get things perfect but we keep trying. Our goal is to throw good targets and to make your experience at Otter Creek enjoyable. Now don't forget our derby season starts 11.6.11. The carryover purse is $2943.46. Thanks again! John in Iowa

9. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

TTT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.