1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Otter Creek SC 6.5 & 6.6.10

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jrdlanes, Jun 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

I apologize for not getting this started earlier. This Sat & Sun Otter Creek Sportsmans Club in Cedar Rapids, IA is hosting a 2 day ATA shoot. The url above will take you to our shoot dates and you can view the program for the day interest.

Nutshell is: 100 targets ea discipline both days. Practice trap opens at 9:30. Program kicks off at 10:00 each day. Tina will have the kitchen open each day and will be serving breakfast too. You can bank on at least 1 card game going on.

Bubba & Sven will be gracing the clubhouse w/ their open topic discussion group advice chats. I am always amazed at the wide variety of subjects they are so informed on. Definitely worth the price of Free admission.

Looking forward to seeing you this weekend. As always we appreciate your attendance. John in Iowa

2. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

Weather folk say showers early tomorrow (Sat) am but gone before noon. Nothing but blue skies into Monday. Come out to blast some targets and meet friends (old & new).

Plenty of motels nearby w/ eating/drinking establishments as well. We have some camper hook-ups available w/ electrical. These are free to shooters and available on a first come/first serve basis. The clubhouse has showers & restroom facilities open for campers.

Looking forward to a fun weekend w/ our trapshooting family & friends. Hope to see you here. John in Iowa

3. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

Thank you to all who participated today. We never got rained on all day. Humid & mostly cloudy today. 87 yr old John Elliot from Illinois was the lone 100 straight today on singles! I watched him shoot 2 traps and there was nothing LUCKY about his run. He had his 870 ink spotting targets! Congratulations John! Well done Sir. Very Well Done.

We are looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow. 100 each discipline w/ the program 16s starting at 10 am. Supposed to be the best day of the weekend. We expect to see a good crowd. Tina will be fixing a $4 breakfast that will fill you up. Practice trap opens at 9:30.

We are always appreciative of your patronage. Thank you. John in Iowa

4. Gayles57

Gayles57 Member

John:

Congratulations on the high handicap score and the punch. See you tomorrow. Will you be shooting the new Balser??

Gayle

5. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

We had a great turnout yesterday at OCSC. Mostly sunny skies w/ a wind of 10-20 mph that varied from NW to NE and everything N in between. Really made for a wide variety of targets. Thanks to all who attended. We appreciate your patronage and trusting your recreation dollars with our club. Thank you.

It is also time to say Thank You to anyone who worked at any time during the weekend. Every little bit helps. That includes the Board of Directors, the trap help and anyone who picked up a piece of trash, scored a round, hustled a score sheet or anything else that needed doing. Randy "Bubba" Strauss went beyond the call of duty all weekend. He sacrificed his shooting so others could play. He ran the practice/league trap both days. This in addition to his "normal" contributions of just about anything that needs to be done around the club. Bubs is just one of the many dedicated members of OCSC who do so much to make the club what it is. Thanks to all of you for taking pride and ownership. It is shows and is noticed by others, members and nonmembers alike.

Now on to the other important stuff. I don't know shooter #s but we'll get that info on here later this week. I do know that Mark Scholl broke the lone 100 straight in singles on very difficult targets. Steve Simon was the shooter of the hour in the handicap. There were only 3 scores in the 90s for the caps. A 90, a 92 and Steve's 97. One of his squad mates said he just ink spotted the front 50. Awesome job Mark & Steve! We are envious.

Don't know anything about the doubles scores. But yes I did shoot my "Balser" in doubles and was pleased. More work to be done yet but "we" have a good starting point.

I apologize for the length of this report. Thanks again to everyone. John in Iowa

6. Gayles57

Gayles57 Member

John:

Thanks for the up date, Pat will have the payout sheet to me tomorrow so I can start printing the checks.

Glad you shot the "Balser well at doubles. I takes a lot of balls to call a Blaser a Balser, at least I didn't call it a "BlaZer" or worse yet a BalZer.

Gayle

7. trench12

trench12 TS Member

I am surprise that you heap praise upon Bubba without giving credit to the driving force behind the big man. He would be just another obscure individual without the influence and wisdom of "Switch Engine",there is the real key to Bubba's success. Who else around there would pull Bubba's finger on command?
    I say this most respectfully, You can't have one without the other. The level of experience, knowledge which they are willing to share, the comrodary, and
    the flatuence cannot be topped. It is an honor to be in their midst (not mist).

8. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

Trench12 - You are so correct but Ol' Switch Engine is one to shy away from the limelight. Mr Humble he is. But they do "share" much and many an eye has watered profusely due to their odorous sharing. Choking is often displayed as well.

9. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

Mason Moore broke the high doubles score on Sunday w/ a 94. That may not sound like much of a score but I assure you that the targets were very sporting. The varying north winds played havoc on them. Good shooting & Congratulations Mason. My apologies for not getting you recognized earlier on this thread.

Thanks again to everyone who attended OCSC over the weekend. John in Iowa

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.