1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Otter Creek SC 5/2 & 5/3/09

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jrdlanes, Apr 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

Saturday May 2nd Otter Creek SC of Cedar Rapids, IA will be hosting Marathon targets for the day. All you want of whatever discipline you want (ATA min shooter rules apply). $18/hundred for the first 200 targets and $16/hundred for the third hundred and above! Normal ATA/State fees apply. Below is the url to cut & paste for the Marathon day.

http://www.ottercreeksc.com/images/events/7370May%202%202009%20ATA%20Shoot%20Notice.pdf

In the heading of this thread is the link for Sundays program - standard ATA target day. 100 early bird 16s ($18)followed by 100 of each discipline. $24/hundred. 4 classes of 16s and 3 for handicap & doubles.

Kitchen will be open both days and the weather folk say (at this time) we are NOT to have any rain. Probably be a card game going as well. Of course there will be the usual banter and harassment as well.

Please come & join us. Get that winter rust removed from your shooting form & targets counted for State & the Grand.
    John in Iowa

2. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Bump for my Otter Creek friends.

John, since I'm getting pretty old, do you think maybe you guys could spot me at least 5 birds a hundred.

I'm old and don't see so good anymore and I'm so weak, I can't hardly hold my gun up to shoot.

Just asking for a little break..........the same I'd give you if you were old and decrepit.

I'll even say please........

Hauxfan!

3. Gayles57

Gayles57 Member

4. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

Thanks for the bump guys.

Haux - I noticed the last time you shot at OCSC you had a REALLY difficult time w/ those handicap targets. My feeble memory recalls you kicking everyone's tail by at least 2-3 birds. Does a full 1 yard punch for a 96 sound familiar?

Some might say that Derelict might be a more accurate description of you than decrepit. Of course I don't know who that might be but .... LOL

Weather folk say 60 & partly cloudy on Sat. 60 & mostly sunny on Sunday. Come visit us & join the fun. John

5. Hauxfan

Come on John, where is your respect for the elderly?

That 96 was a long time ago. Besides, you can't keep keep living in the past.

I can see I'm not going to get any sympathy from you.

Maybe Sven or Bubba will let me have a 5 bird cushion because of my deteriorating condition. lol

Hauxfan!

6. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

What beautiful morning here in the heart of Linn County Iowa. High of 66, SUNNY, Seasonal with west winds 6-12 mph.

It does not get much better than that in Iowa this time of year. Oh wait, tomorrow it is supposed to be 70, SUNNY and 6-12 mph winds from the NW.

We hope to see you sometime this weekend at Otter Creek.

7. Hauxfan

Look out below!!!!!!

Oh wait, this isn't going down, this message is ascending to the top........lol

Up please!

Hauxfan!

8. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

We had a very nice turnout yesterday. They shot em all. Singles, handicap and doubles. I don't have any #s as I had to leave early before things wrapped up.

Today is looking spectacular! Sunny, 70 and WNW breeze of 5-10 mph. Should be a great day to bust some Clays!

9. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

Wow, What a weekend at OCSC! Weather was beautiful. The WNW-NW-N winds caused some unplanned height in targets at time.

A brief recap - Saturday I think the count was 12,800 ATA targets shot. All disciplines were involved.

Sunday - 80 shooters stepped to line. Program Sgls - 2 100 straights Steve Simon and Bill Nelson. Congrat to both. A special high 5 to Bill for his FIRST century!! Steve won the Shoot off for championship. Bill took class A. Jerry Pierce won AA w/ 99. Jim Simon won B w/ 97 and Tom Kramer C w/ 96.

Handicap high was a 96 by Danny Meyne. He took home the High 200 (194) buckle. Jim Kieffer took high 200 Veteran w/ 186. Monte Kloubec took high handicap w/ a 94. Yardage group winners were Paul Helt / a 92 in 19-21; Nile Brown 91 in the 22-24 and Kevin O'Conner's 91 took 25-27.

Ken Brandt's 98 was high doubles score. Class A winner was Jon Halford w/ 96. RG Prucha took B w/ 94 and Leo Kremer C w/ 90.

Check the web site later this week when the entire results sheet will be posted.

Thank you to all who attended. We had shooters from Iowa, Illinois, Wisconsin and Minnesota. We hope you had an enjoyable shoot and will consider coming back. If you did not please let me know what we can do better. You can PM me w/ your email or phone #. THANK YOU!

Mark your calenders for the July 4th weekend when we have our $1000 shoot (handicap winner takes home $1000!!!!). John in Iowa.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.