1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Otter Creek SC 4.11.10

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jrdlanes, Apr 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

Sunday April 11, 2010 Otter Creek SC of Cedar Rapids, IA will be hosting it's April ATA shoot. The program url is posted above. There will 100 targets from each discipline with program singles commencing at 10 AM. The weather prognosticators say the weather should be good (of course that is always subject to change :).

Club web site is: http://www.ottercreeksc.com/www/index.php

Tina will have the kitchen open and the card games will be going. Practice trap will be open too. Come out to see your friends, bust some clays and knock the rust off your shooting form. We look forward to seeing. John in Iowa

2. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

TTT for the Iowa boys....

3. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

An added treat will be Bubba, Sven & Ole's class on: Fine Dining Etiquette for Todays Trapshooter. There will be a small fee for demonstration materials. The fee could be offset by providing pies, cakes and/or brownies to the educators. This is limited seating for this class so don't be late & miss your opportunity to learn from VERY SPECIAL instructors.

4. Gayles57

Gayles57 Member

John:

My blue sheet of paper says singles start at 10:00 and singles entries close at 11:00.

I'm glad that Bubba and the boys are back into the instructional business. I'm planning on sending Bubba a large bowl of beans Saturday evenings meal. They should be well processed by Sunday morning.

Gayle

5. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

Thanks Gayle. My bad. Correction made on start time.

6. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Holy cow, Gayle, I'll have to get up an hour early now.....

But, if the weather is decent, (like me) I'll try to make. Just don't make me watch those two guys eat anything. Didn't they ever hear of the latest inventions..........like a fork.....or a spoon? lol

Hauxfan!

7. Gayles57

Gayles57 Member

Hi Larry:

Looking forward to seeing you Sunday. I dilly dallied around the last shoot and got there at 9:30, when your supposed to be working, 9:30 doesn't hack it. I got into the mindset of the Derbys which started at 12:00 so I didn't need to be there too early ooopps.

I found the new charcoal filters for my paint mask, think I will install them and have the mask handy in case those beans are very well processed.

Gayle

8. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

B T T T

9. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

Weather folk say Mostly sunny and 60s on Sunday. Sounds like a beautiful day in the neighborhood. Come join us and see all your trapshooting friends and make a couple of new ones too! John in Iowa

10. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Well John, I think you just talked me into coming over to shoot.

Bill

11. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

Hey Bill - looking forward to seeing you. Weather guy this am says 64 & partly sunny tomorrow. Too early to give us any wind prediction. See you there.
    John in Iowa

12. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

Weather Guy says 65, partly cloudy w/ 5-15 from ENE. Should be a great day to catch up w/ my friends and pulverize pitch. The guys were working hard yesterday to get the club ready to go. Looking forward to seeing you there. John in Iowa

13. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

Results

14. Gayles57

Gayles57 Member

Steve:

I will get the results from Pat this evening. There were 61 shooters, with varying Northeast to Southeast breezes. A lone 100 in Singles and a 97 won Caps (Randy Lowry from the 20). I don't remember the doubles winner.

Gayle

15. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

Joe Needham won singles w/ a lone 100. Great shooting Joe! As Gayle mentioned Robert Lowry (sp?) was high on handicap w/ a 97. Chandel Granquist was right behind w/ a 96. Well done Robert & Chandel. I am not sure of the doubles winner either but I do know that Steve Simon had a 96 but not sure if that was the top. Regardless - Good shooting Steve. I apologize to whoever I missed in the winners circle. Perhaps Gayle can get the list updated for us once he meets w/ Pat.

The birds were very "sporting" as the ENE wind made for some real variances. Mostly sunny for the day. We had enough shooters to warrant 2 punches (even w/o the mandatory score punches).

Thanks to all who attended. We appreciate your business and friendship. John in Iowa

16. Gayles57

Gayles57 Member

Thanks John, here are winners. I'm starting to write checks, they will be in the mail tomorrow.

Singles

Joseph Needham 100 Class B
    Phil Thyer 99 Class A
    Chandal Grandquist 93 Class C

Handicap

Randy Lowery 97 19 to 21 Yard
    Chandal Grandquist 96 19 to 21 Yard
    Gayle Lawson 95 22 to 24 Yard
    Danny McCoy 95 25 to 27 Yard

Doubles

Danny Meyne 97 Class A
    Jim Olin 94 Class B
    Joseph Needham 92 Class C

Regards to all and thanks for coming.

The May shoot will be Marathon targets on May 1 and Regular ATA May 2.

Gayle

17. Gayles57

Gayles57 Member

Boy that didn't post anywhere near the format that I submitted. Ohh Welll

Gayle

18. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.