1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Otter Creek SC - $1000 Handicap!!!!!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jrdlanes, Jun 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

It is time for Otter Creek SC annual $1000 shoot! Otter Creek SC is located in Cedar Rapids, IA and the dates are July 3rd, 4th & 5th. Above is the url to take you to the club's calender of events where you can click on the dates to access the complete program.

July 3 - 100 each discipline starting w/ singles and finishing w/ doubles. The evening will be topped off with a BBQ supplied by the OCSC. All shooters and a guest are invited to attend.

July 4th - 100 singles followed by the $1000 handicap. High score for the handicap takes home $1000 in cash. $600 for 2nd and $400 for 3rd. 57 Flats of shells will be given to 3 ydg grp (placement 1st through 4th) & 3 categories (min 3 entries).

July 5th - Marathon targets! As many as you want. 1st 100 - $18, 2nd - $17; 3rd - $16; 4th - $15 and the 5th FREE!!!! More? Just start over.

Limited camp sites available w/ electricity. First come - first serve. Restrooms/Showers available. Kitchen will be open all 3 days including breakfast.

We look forward to seeing you there. As always, we appreciate your patronage.
    John in Iowa

2. PerazziMX2000

PerazziMX2000 TS Member

See you on sunday and monday....don't feed Bubba any beans saturday!

3. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

Sounds great MX. We'll have a cold one Sunday evening. I'll buy.

FYI - Special event will be available for Sundays $1000 handicap. As in the past this will be a silent auction with a pre-announced end time.

Forecast looks great w/ mid 80s temps and dry. Come join us! John in Iowa

4. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

5. JLSIMON

JLSIMON Member

Puuulllll

6. Gayles57

Gayles57 Member

I just went to the bank. I have 20 nice crisp 100s waiting for the top three winners. Don't forget, there is $1500 in added money. The added money will be paid in the form of a special LEWIS CLASS, each participant will be automatically entered. Three classes, three places paying 50, 30, and 20 ties divide. This spreads the added money through out the field.

Regards to all, looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend.

Gayle

PS: The stitches are out of my hand, doc says I can drive and shoot. The Blonde has lost control!

7. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

Harlan Campbell shot this shoot a few years back and he called it the "BIGGEST LITTLE SHOOT IN THE LAND", also check out the added monies on Saturdays program, we are honoring one of our past and deceased BOD persons.

8. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

BK is correct. There is some terrific added money in the weekend program. Check it out for yourself.

The Dennis Fiser Memorial doubles will be the final event on Saturday. Dennis was one of the very good guys and unfortunately he was taken from us too soon. We will honor him w/ one of his favorite events. Just by entering this event you will be included in a Lewis Class type pay-off (60/40, ties divide). Each class has its own money of $150 to shoot for(A, B & C).

Saturdays weather sounds terrific. No rain predicted until later on Sunday.

The guys have been working long and hard and it shows. The place is looking great! Thanks for all your efforts guys.

Come and join us. We are looking forward to seeing all you. Thanks again.
    John in Iowa

9. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Up for the Iowa boys...

10. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

Who were the big winners?

11. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

12. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Likes-to-shoot.........How kind of you to talk about me like that.........LOL LOL

Hauxfan!

13. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

14. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

Austin Majeske was the big winner on Sunday. Not only was did he break 98 ssingles he was the high handicap shooter by 2 birds w/ a 97! His pockets were lined w/ 10 - $100 bills for his trip home. I am guessing that his riding companions made him buy on the journey home. Jan Pewe was 2nd w/ a lone 95. Mark Simkins & Mike Yoder tied for 3rd w/ Mark winning the shoot-off for the $400 money. Mike took home 7 flats of shells for winning the long ydg group. John Hughes; 93 was 2nd in the group for 5 flats. Phil Thyer & Mark Schwake took 3rd & 4th in the group through shoot-offs w/ 92s. The 22-24 yd grp was won by Rod Johnson followed by Rich Engen, Bill Nelson & Bob Kisner through shoot-offs as all 4 broke 92s. The 18-21 yd group was Tim Van Wheelden, Dan Thurman, Jim Steffen & Max Mimek in that order through shoot-offs w/ 91s. Jerry Pierce won vet w/ a 92 for 2 flats and Chandel Granquist won Ladies for 2 flats w/ a 90.
    Thanks to all who attended at any time over the weekend. We really appreciate your patronage. Even though my shooting was less than excemplrey I had a great time & hope you did as well. See you in 2 wks at the Iowa State Shoot in Cedar Falls! John in Iowa

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.