1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ott wife and daugter are going to russia

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by nailer123, May 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nailer123

nailer123 TS Member

The wife and daugter are going to russia for 10 days. Has anyone been there what can you tell us.Thanks kirk

2. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

I was there three years ago we were only there for two day as part of a cruise. We spent a day in St.Petersburg and a day in Moscow. We were part of a tour and enjoyed what we did and saw but I wouldn't go back. EVen the police not unlike here are criminals. We took a domestic air flight form St. Petersburg to Moscow and back. Truly a scary expereince if your wife and daughter are part of group tell tehm to stay close to the group and guide very few people speak english so communicaiton can be tough.

3. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

If you like intrigue and risk and want to put yourself in harm's way, I think a wonderful idea! I am too old to want to experience that! Tom Rhoads

4. andybull

andybull Active Member

Hey Shawn:

What the heck were you doing there before the fall of communism?

5. otnot

otnot Active Member

I spent a couple of months there 9 years ago. It was like stepping back in time to the 50's. If your wife does not speak Russian she will need an interpreter as there is very few English speaking people or signs for that matter. When I was there you needed American dollars to buy anything. Make sure she always carries her passport with her as the police like to check your papers and if they are not in order, they will haul you to jail unless you pay a $100 bribe. Neat place to visit but no a place I would want to call home. Expect to pay double what the locals pay for everything. When I was there I stayed in a hotel that overlooked the Kremlin. The people are really nice once you get behind closed doors and off the street. You have to remember most of the older people grew up under communist rule and though they are more free today there is still that stigma hanging over the people. I thought drivers in Asia were bad but wait until you see rush hour in Moscow. They drive six lanes worth of traffic in 4 lanes. The customer service is terrible and down right rude. If my wife wasn't Russian I would probably never have gone there and I certainly wouldn't go there alone without some sort of tour group. For you single guys, the women out number the men 4:1 and they all dress like models. My trip was an eye opener and worth the risks involved but you do have to be careful over there.

6. nailer123

nailer123 TS Member

Thanks everyone they are going with a school group.So that should help im glad im not going .Me and my 3 year old boy are going to stay home and enjoy the house with out all the girls.It should be nice and quit man those women can be loud.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.