1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

other chokes that fit Kolar .740 12 ga

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by skeet_man, Sep 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

No, proprietary thread. There are a number of mfg who make aftermarket chokes for the kolar though.

2. Dave S

Dave S Active Member

I always thought the Kolar chokes were very good and shot tighter then marked.

3. RLC323

RLC323 Member

I was told when I bought mine that the Kolar OEM's do tend to shoot pretty tight, and from what I have tested on paper it is true. The .30 will break targets fine from the 27. I like to choke for smoke so I shoot the .35.

The OEM Kolar tubes are good, POI on the 3 I tested that came with my gun are virtually identical. But they are $95 from Kolar which is not cheap.

Wright's($59)and Ballistic Specialties/Angle Porting($49) are a couple of options

4. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Beretta Optima is typically around .732 bore. The Optimas are also longer than kolar chokes. They will not even come close to interchanging. I wasn't kidding when I said that there is no interchange, I've been shooting Kolar guns for close to a decade.

5. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

NO other gun manufacturers chokes will interchange with the Kolar factory chokes or barrels. Don't even try.

If you have a Kolar gun and Kolar chokes.....you already have the best.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.