1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT...Zebco Cardinal 3 part needed

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by powderburn, Aug 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. powderburn

powderburn Member

Oh No!
    While wading the river last night for smallmouths, my Cardinal 3 spinning reel lost a part. I lost the slotted screw that holds down the non-line roller side of the bail. I have checked ebay, nothing on there right now, parts-wise. Do any of you out there know of a reel reapairman that has some parts for these? By the way, I was STILL able to fish the rest of the night with it, despite not having all the parts! Those Zebco Cardinal reels are THAT good! Thanks for any/all responses. A pm or email to my yahoo acct. are both ok.

2. DJM

DJM Member

As you go through the various search results on E-Bay for "Zebco Cardinal" open up all the listings for parts. Some of those have more parts listed for sale in the description. Also some dealers sell parts on E-bay and you may be directed to their store where they have some of these obsolete parts. A fellow from one of our Carolinas used to list parts and he also had a store. I wonder if you could find a screw at the local hardware store that had the same threads. Likely it would have to be shortened. I suppose those Swedes used metric fasteners.

I bought a Cardinal 4 in 1978 for the unheard of amount of $39.99. It still is my "go to" reel on my good rod. Good Luck, Don.

3. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

Give this guy a call Dolfi Kalm 319-624-2238. I lost a part for a 70's vintage Cardinal 4 and he had the parts.

4. powderburn

powderburn Member

Hi guys,
    Thanks for the info. Dolphi took care of what I needed.

5. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Are you guys ready? I got a 99% Zebco cardinal at a garage sale a month ago for .25 cents! It had no spool. They thought that was enough to put it in the junk bin. Estate sale and the old boy who bought it new though enough of it to put his SS# on the reel! I got a new spool and it is ready to do battle with smallies. They are great old reels but there are many that are better on the market now.Jeff

6. whiz-bang

whiz-bang Active Member

How about this I bought a Cardinal 3 at a gun show new in the box with extra spool for $17.00. And it will stay in the box. I have many cardinal 3 and 4's and to me still the best spinning real ever made.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

zebco cardinal 4 parts