1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT: Would Al Gore have been better?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Porcupine, Aug 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

Eight years ago, I said, 'Anybody but Al Gore!' But considering the mass of difficulties faced by our Country seemingly brought on or at least exacerabated by the Bush II administration, I can't help but ask myself if the United States would not have fared better, all things considered, in the last seven years if Al Gore had won Florida outright. I'd like some other perspectives, please.

Now I'm saying, 'Anybody but Hilary!' LOL

Porcupine

2. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

NO! I can relate to anybody but Hillary but to answer your question NO in my opinion. Things would have gotten worse a lot quicker with Gore!

3. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

Wasn't he Tim Allens assistant on Home Improvement? John

4. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

Can't imagine how the leadership of a delusional man ("I invented the internet." "There is no debate on global warming.") would make America a better place.

5. coyote268

coyote268 TS Member

Here's my take on it. No Mr. discover of the internet and surely not Queen Hillary now. The problem with Bush is he didn't finish what he started in Afganistan before he went to Iran. He listened to Cheney and Rumsfield and not Colin Powell who has more brains that the two of them put together. He told Bush not to leave Afganistan as they were not finished yet with Al Quada. Kill that s.o.b. Bin Laden then move on if he wants to. No, Dumb and Dumber said lets get Hussian as he tried to knock off your Dad. Again Powell advised against it but again Bush didn't pay attention. Now he want to give amnesty to all the illegals in the country. In California, we can't even go hunting in our National Forests for the illegal Marajuana plots being grown and protected by illegals. We're trying to save the world and at the same time letting illegals take us over. It can't get much worse unless Queen Hillary gets in.
    Dan

6. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I am neither Repub or Dem. I vote for for who is right for the job if their pro gun. Seldom am I happy with the candidates. We've been through 911, some rough market times, and a whole lot of Bipartison crap. Our economy is good, unemployment is low except in the automarket, and our national debt has actually decreased substantially since the tax cut. The Market is doing well. The Surge appears to be working, but major news isn't expanding on that fact, only the boys coming home from Iraq tell the real story. I don't believe everything I hear on major news. It's political. Were not as bad off as some project. Could it be better? You bet. Could it be worse? Yes, it could be a lot
    worse. Have you noticed alot of politicians have a short memory?

7. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

the way i see it, the useless, lazy cretons that abuse welfare would have it better. the iraq war situation probably wouldn't exist, but we'd be dodging every terrorist tactic known to man here, in the u.s.. the dow would probably be in the toilet. unemployment would be through the roof. most public hunting grounds would be closed. people who never worked a day in their life would get the same healthcare as you and i. second what? oh, second amendment. yeah, i remember that.....................

hey dad, what's that bright light over there? oh, why that's the gore's house, johnny. come here son, see, there's this term called, " hypocrite".....................

8. jnoemanh

jnoemanh TS Member

Actually Gore won the election in 2000 in that he received more votes than Bush. Would he has done a better job than Bush? Of course, how could he possibly have done worse? - a quagmire war, the loss of millions of good jobs, zero border security, huge budget and trade deficits, the FEMA debacle, and 9-11 happened on Bush's watch. Mickey Mouse would have been better than Bush.

9. lightfoot

lightfoot TS Member

I don’t know if Al Gore would have been better or not. We wouldn’t have a draft dodger in the White House like we do now, but that didn’t seem to matter with the draft dodger we had before Bush.

Today I’m saying anybody but John Edwards!

10. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

JCS,

Whoops! How time flies when you're having fun! Thanks, I edited my original post!

Porcupine

11. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Just remember that Al Gore wanted your guns.

12. Tailbuster

Tailbuster TS Member

Well, unfortunately, we don't get any do-overs, so I don't know if we would have been better or worse. Mistakes have been made with Iraq, no doubt. But, what would Al Gore have done when September 11th happened? We'll never know that either. But, I feel very certain that the Taliban had to be dealt with harshly and quickly in Afghanistan. We did that.

Now, is everything perfect in the USA, nope. I don't think it ever has been. But, I'd rather be here than somewhere else.

all the best,

john

13. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

First of al, jnoemanh, no, of course Al Gore did not win the election in 2000. Our system is not based on popular vote, but the electoral college. Your statement is absurd.

Second, I'm no fan of GWB, but even knowing what I know now, I still would NOT have vote for Al Gore, and I still would NOT have voted for Jon Kerry.

As others have said, its the lesser of evils. Gore and Kerry, to me, were bigger evils than GWB.

Would they have done a better job? Who knows. Probably no worse, but those of us who are conseravatives probably wouldn't have liked them any better than we liked Billy Clinton.

Will I vote for Hillary, should she be the Democratic candidate? I sincerely doubt it, regardless of whatever candidate/cannon fodder the Republicans throw against her.

14. DJM

DJM Member

Al Gore has not behaved in a very "presidential" manner since losing the 2000 election. Topping the list for me was going to a foreign country and criticizing the USA. Until Clinton/Gore there was a tradition that out of respect for the office former White House occupants remained quiet about the current occupant.

15. docshank

docshank TS Member

Absolutely NOT!!! If you'll go back and look at the election results, he didn't carry his home state Tennessee. Which pretty well proves alot of democrats (across the nation) voted for him simply because he was a democrat, not even knowing what kind of person he was. He claims Tennessee as his home state, all the while truth be known he was raised in Washington D.C.. Most people from Tennessee knew that.

Frank Shanklin

Dresden, Tennessee

16. KelleyPLK

KelleyPLK TS Member

Al Gore I didnt vote for Him , Im conservative person . But had I the chance to recast my Vote Yes Al your the MAN !

sorry but this ole dog been hunting to long !Dont make second mistake !

Pat Kelley

17. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

"Would he has done a better job than Bush?"
    Al...? Al Gore...? Is that you.....??

18. merlynstrapguns

merlynstrapguns Well-Known Member

What is the pay of a "Monday morning quarterback" and is there a large demand for one?? Applications will be taken on the second Tuesday of next week...m

19. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Al Gore has proven to be mentally unstable. As such, he was a perfect Democrat candidate.

20. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

How could ANYONE have done a worse job than the bunch we have had? And, for all those jumping on board, be specific. What could possibly have gone worse? Jake

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.