1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT - Wolf .45 Ammo

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mflora, Jan 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mflora

mflora Member

Reviews all over the place. My own experience is cheap, dependable, accurate and filthy. I have several thousand rounds and shoot it through very nice .45s (S&W PC 845, Shorty 45 and an STI) on rainy days. If I clean my guns after I shoot them, am I going to hurt them?
    Mark

2. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Some guys believe the steel cased ammo is going to wear your guns more than brass. I think it would take a whole lot of shooting to prove that one way or the other... certainly more than the cost of a gun.

As you know nothing lasts forever but the good news is that most quality guns can be repaired/rebuilt several times before its time to hang them up. Were talking hundreds of thousands of rounds. Guys that shoot 1911 style race guns a lot go through them and replace parts on a regular basis ... no big deal its just part of the fun.

But if you really want to take it easy on your .45 acp guns then you will need to load your own 'softball' target ammo. There a huge cost incentives for doing this even when compared to buying the lowest price bargain ammo. Check out a Dillon square deal B loader, you might be suprised at just how quickly you could pay for the set up costs of rolling your own.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.