1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT....With all of the great minds here on this @@@

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Captain Bud, Oct 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Captain Bud

Captain Bud TS Member

This was asked of me by a friend today. So I thought what might some of the more intuitive members of TS.com come up with.

So,--- many of you must have something that you would like to see enacted by our great leaders in our state capitals or in Washington D.C.

Mine is simply, If I have to piss in a cup and pass the test to keep or apply for a job--- then those people that are getting free money -- on the state or federal 'dole' (food stamps, free medical, free school tuition or whatever) should have to do the same. If you don't pass the test-- you don't get the money!! Let us quit paying for illegal drugs for those on the dole!!

I am sure that many of you wise young and old people must have some thoughts on what would make this country greater in your own eyes.

And yes we all know that many of us would like to see a strange 'massive group stroke' occur in Washington D.C. Maybe one would straighten Pelosi's face. (Yeah, I know, nothing could help.. I opened the dictionary to the word 'ugly' and there was a picture of Nancy Pelosi!

Join in and this has nothing to do with anything but our "leaders" in Washington D.C. and every state capitol in the union.

Wish on..or do you speak directly to your Senators, Representatives and Congressman/woman? Remember in November "get out and Vote!"

Phil

2. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

That's a great idea but dont stop with just drug testing the welfare recipients. Lets test all those on federal payrolls. Judges down the line to the metermaids. I can think of a bunch of things that should be done to make our country better. This is a good place to start and a great idea. I have heard it before but not on trapshooter. Dan

3. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

I want to own a vehicle manufactured in this country in a non union factory which is capable of running on a perpetual motion electical/electronic engine. Using the same mindset we used when we landed a man on the moon in less than 10 years from the conception of the idea, I want for a consortium of private sector venture capitalists to provide grant and aid to privately held companies to build truly affordable self contained and self propelled family vehicles which will virtually erase our national dependence on foreign petroleum products. If the R & D proves beyond any reasonable doubt that an infrastructure of battery service centers is a requirement to the success of the concept, existing gas stations could simply be retrofitted to meet the need. What I really want, though, is a car that runs on its own electric engine powered by electricity generated by the circular motion of integral components already required for the structural suspension of the car. Anything that is turning should be able to generate electricity.

Benefits: domestic petroleum manuacturers could develop wider and deeper overseas markets, security issues created by a need for foreign oil could be eased, a reduced dependency on foreign oil could rapidly destabilize unfriendly suppliers(Iran comes to mind)(I view destabilization of enemies as good), lower domestic demand for family vehicle gas could help lower cost which would be deflationary...I know you guys can come up with many more benefits.

If I want to wring out my Camaro, I want gas. If I want to pull a camper, I want a pickup. With reduced pressure on our domestic supplies of petroleum products, though, our grandkids might still be able to build a '32 5-window coupe and run it around town on ten bucks worth. At my age, I don't give a shit about impressing anybody with my toys, but the generations to come are going to want it as bad as we did. In other words, the need for gas will never completely go away.

Bill Gates is rich, but the kid that breaks the code on a self contained family car will be able to buy Bill for a dime and sell him for a nickel and not miss the loss. Oh well, if I was king, that's what I'd want.

Kit

4. TC

TC TS Member

I have always said we should not burn a drop of oil when electricity will do the job. Right now we have to run cars, trucks, tractors, airplanes, etc. on oil. We don't need to be running city buss lines and delivery vehicles on oil they could be electric. We could reduce the consumption if we really wanted to.

5. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

All you need for an electric car is to design a very large device, like a piezo crystal, that can generate electricity when pressure is applied. Put it under the front driver's seat. Most trapshooters and other similarly shaped people can generate enough to go a long way. If not, just preprogram the thing to pull through the next drive through or two.

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    The Portland Police union is fighting a proposal to have drug tests for police officers.

Makes one wonder how many skeletons are in THAT closet?

7. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Kit buy a Honda thats made here in the states in non=union shops. TC, electric cars that you plug in are still powered by the burning of fossil fuels mostlys shale and coal, so we gain nothing. Now I've seen on the history channel that we could produce more thermo Nuclear power plants. Power the homes with it in each state and make Hydogen with the extra power for use in all cars,trucks at no cost. Still sell like regular fuel at no cost but the trucking,and the stations that sell it. We could produce this fuel at less than half of the cost of fossil fuels. How would like to see one dollar a gallon fuel again??? Heres another great point. All pipes,wires,gauges,computers, everything for them would have to be built in this country because of the threat from terrorists. When finished we have ready factories to compete on the world market again!!! We get all the people off unemployment to build them and work the factories. Engineers all the way down to labors will be needed to build (all skill levels will be needed). Concrete plants in all states, factories back on line for the wire,pipes and other items. After they are all built in around 3-4 years the "show" said we could cut out over 60 percent of the need for oil in the Middle East, and in another 2-3 years off it entirely. Hydogen burns and turns into water. No fossil fuels burned at all in cars,trucks or electric plants for all homes are possible in less than 6-7 years. Hows that for being "Green" The last time this country was in a depression we built the Hover Dam and people still come from around the world to see it, even today. We have the tech. to make this happen "now". We have the Tech. to build these power plants so that "saftey is no problem". It just will not happen because it makes to much sense, and no one has the balls in the goverment to start it. To Bad. Break-em all. Jeff

8. TC

TC TS Member

You are correct Jeff, burning fossil fuels to produce electricity is another thing that bothers me. We should be taking advantage of nuclear power for the bulk of our electrical production. Small scale wind and solar make sense also. I am just not a fan of the huge wind and solar projects.

9. crusha

crusha TS Member

While you Einsteins are furrowing your brows attempting to repeal the laws of Thermodynamics...I want paycheck withholding of Federal tax banned by law. Bill you at the end of the year, and anybody who can't pay up, goes to JAIL until they come up with the money.

Time for Mr. and Mrs. America to see what the Democratic party really costs - and write a CHECK for it.

10. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

The only perpetual motion in this country is politicians campaigning......lets ban campaigning for anyone in office.

Our whole country is in neutral right now....all the way down to local office.....it has to stop. think about it....a president is only a president for about 12 months of his first term and 2 years of his second.

The car.....that's easy, just ain't worth the effort......we can not solve the worlds problems by cleaning up only the USA.....were 300+ million......over 6 billion elsewhere......do the math.

The only way we will survive as a country is to get real with these Government hand outs and that needs to start with the pensions that we can no longer afford to pay for. We, just like the auto companies, made deals we knew we could never pay......high time we balanced the books.

11. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

I fear that many of our leaders would miss the cup.

Ed Ward

12. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Drug testing welfare recipients is a great idea, and I'm sure the ladies on The View will walk off the minute a guest suggests it.

HM

13. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I'd like to see Congress and the Senate get the same benefits all of us citizens get. Like Social Security. the type of retirement plan we get and get off all their special benefits. I would also like to see lobbyists become illegal on capital hill. No more add-ons to any bill that Congress votes on(eliminates pork barrel spending). Most of all I would like to see some honesty and integrity in all politicians. Bulge.

14. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

I've been a proponent and promoter of eliminating both Federal and State tax withholding for decades. I believe that requiring wage earners to send in their own individual taxes each month would keep everyone active and angry with governments everywhere. I believe that a gross paycheck and required personal responsibility would reign in this Liberal delirium euphoria within a year.

Electric transportation isn't here yet, and won't be for 10 to 20 years regardless of how much money the Government throws at it. Make the project tax free private competition and it could be done in urban areas in 5 or 6 years. Tax-Free R&D is always more viable than tax-supported, fewer parasites.

Electricity is a downstream energy that requires the consumption of other fuels and resources to make. It's only 'clean' until the cost and consumption of producing it is figured in. The Devil is always in the details.

Drug testing of all government employees and welfare recipients could be, and SHOULD BE the next great private growth industry.

IMHO,
    Kip

15. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

I'd even be happy to give up my SS check if I could have everything back that I was forced to pay in, from the age of 11 through 65 when I started drawing...there are annuities and other funds that will pay off way better.

16. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

I think the biggest improvement that could be made by the legislators would be that no law be enacted that didn't apply equally to them and no law exempting them from anything enacted that applies to us can be passed. Plus....no elected official can draw a pension with less than twenty-five years served, thirty even better....and no more than two consecutive terms can be served.

17. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

I know our system is a mess, but I heard on the radio that England is trying to make the employer send all paychecks to the gummit, they will take out what they want, and send back the rest to the employee, as they deem fit

18. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Catpower, Wasn't it something like that that created the problem back in the 1700's?

19. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Probably but they are talking about doing it again, I've never been over there, just something I heard or read some where that they were going to do, really not a hell of a lot differant that what they do here, they just make the employer do it for them

20. bill1949

bill1949 Well-Known Member

I'd like to see every law that Congress passes and the President signs apply to them too. They should not be able to exempt themselves from the garbage that's passed into law by them. Drug test the Congress and the President too!...Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.